Kershaw Knives News Thread

I purchased a new Ken Onion Kershaw Blur yesterday at the Mesquite Gun/Knife show. I got the red/black non serrated model. I'm pumped! I've never had such a nice knife.

Joe

I purchased a new Ken Onion Kershaw Blur yesterday at the Mesquite Gun/Knife show. I got the red/black non serrated model. I'm pumped! I've never had such a nice knife.

Joe

I have the same exact model. One of my favorites! Quick blade, lighter than most, better grip than most, and SHARP!

Picture039.jpg

Ahhh, the Blur, could that be the pattern we picked as the next boutique run? Hmmm...

wishlist for limited runs:
SGPS Leek- maybe with Ti handles
ATS-34/ZDP-189 JYD II- Ti
13C27 Sandvik Leek- contoured handles

Ahhh, the Blur, could that be the pattern we picked as the next boutique run? Hmmm...

Great! I was planning to pick up a Blur but couldn't make up my mind on which one. Could this be the upcoming SG2 knife?

Hopefully the G10 Offset will ship soon so I don't have a purchasing conflict.

Thomas, have you looked in on my Offset pictures? Still need that G10... :D

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=473820

Just curious what you think. Whenever you get those green blade pics, it'd be a good place to post them.

I just got my Ti/ZDP189 Mini Cyclone today and I have three words to describe it: WOW!, WOW!, and WOW!. There's nothing "mini" about this knife. This is an incredible knife at a very good price. Perfect all around: fit and finish, lockup, blade shape and size, and it's smooth as silk - AO or manual. Hair popping sharp right out of the box. It's by no means a "small" folder, as others have implied. Gives my large paws almost a three and a half finger grip, and the handle has a natural fit and a perfect texture to it. The flipper is lightning fast!

Being that this is my first Kershaw, it will not be my last! I'm extremely impressed! I've got my eye on two others now, then I wait for the full size Cyclone in the Ti/ZDP189!

Any of you that don't have one of these, grab one while you can! You won't regret it.

A Personal Note to Thomas W: Thanks for the quick reply on the emails and help, and I give you the highest rating for customer service!

Thanks for making a great knife...now my EDC!
Brad

SPX,thanks for the nice write up on the Ti Cyclone, please enjoy.

Kneedeep, I did look at your Offset images, and thought they looked fantastic! If only I could take as good of picture of my OD/Black G-10 pimped out version. :p

Thanks for all the input on the Blur.

Thanks Thomas. Check ur mail for the reason.

my padawan, have you checked ur e-mail? also have you checked out kneedeeps pics of the offset??

Kneedeep, I did look at your Offset images, and thought they looked fantastic! If only I could take as good of picture of my OD/Black G-10 pimped out version. :p

No, if only I could take as good a picture of YOUR OD/Black G-10 pimped out version! ;)
Just let me know...

Thanks for the complement, I just hope I'm doing Ken's designs and Kershaw's craftsmanship justice.

So was the boutique run going to be SG2?

I know the stud lock won't be in the cards again any time soon, but how cool would an SG2 bladed Blur with a flipper, stud lock, titanium handles/frame and G10 inlay be?

Here's a quick line drawing of what the profile of a Studlock Blur might look like.

BlurStudlock3.jpg

The flipper may have to be a bit bigger though.
Any thoughts?
Or am I the only one obsessed with studlocks?

Any thoughts?

i agree the flipper should be larger (like the bump) so that it's easier to engage. and it would guard your fingers from getting sliced up in a lock failure and prevent choking up accidentally.

i like the stud lock. easier than the walker lock to use one handed. even more so with AO and flipper. doing power stabs into packing cardboard, vigorous spine whack tests and a lot of cutting i never had a lock failure. i trust the stud lock.. (no indications of durability in the long term. after a year of use my speed bump has started to wobble very slightly when open.)

so, photoshop, illustrator or freehand? :D

so, photoshop, illustrator or freehand? :D

Actually it was SketchUp Pro 6. Just didn't have time to make it 3D yet.
If you haven't seen it yet, Google has a free version of it. Its fun and easy to use. Back when it first came out it was equated to the 3D version of sketching an idea on a paper napkin.

I know the stud lock won't be in the cards again any time soon, but how cool would an SG2 bladed Blur with a flipper, stud lock, titanium handles/frame and G10 inlay be?

I ought to clarify though, in this case I meant for the flipper to be the launcher for the Speed-Safe, not a manual flipper. On the other hand what would everyone think of a manual flipper?

Here's a quick line drawing of what the profile of a Studlock Blur might look like.

BlurStudlock3.jpg

Any thoughts?

If ever they make one of these, I will be all over it in short order!!

as ThomBrogen has said " I gotsta, gotsta get some of that!":thumbup: :D

Heres a version with the flipper enlarged a bit and the area near the studlock tweaked.

BlurStudlock5.jpg

Let me know if these posts are getting annoying and I'll move 'em to another thread.

Let me know if these posts are getting annoying and I'll move 'em to another thread.

Because everyone is quoting your pictures, we only get about five posts per page, but I like the drawing. Is this knife your news or Kershaw's? I feel like a hall-monitor now.

I started this thread, but I don't own anything about it, or this forum overall. This thread was created as a way for Thomas to keep us informed of current and future happenings with our favorite knives. I think this thread has gotten pretty cluttered, but I like sharing the Kershaw Love with everyone here! :)

As I told offsetlover, if you have a cool subject (like the Blur drawing/mock-up) create your own thread and show it off! A lot more people will see and appreciate all the hard work you have put into the Blur!

I am proud that my thread is up to 45 pages now, but I think we need to stay somewhat on-topic. Thanks!

Now how are we coming on those Taboo 2s, and Dead Sexy's Thomas?

Back