Knife addiction

If your knife cuts you. You see blood. You say "that's alright it's not your fault". Then kiss the blade. Dam now my lip is bleeding.

If your knife cuts you. You see blood. You say "that's alright it's not your fault". Then kiss the blade. Dam now my lip is bleeding.
Drawing blood is a small price to pay for your addiction but you are now an honorary member !

Last edited:
I didn't know I had a problem that is until my three year old started telling my wife every time I was online looking at knives. Oh and my best friend said it wasn't normal to ask a neighbor to check my mail and put any " packages" in the pole barn before my wife got home?

I keep telling myself this will be the last knife and my collection is complete, then realize that I've told myself same thing 30 knives ago .

haha, missing patches of random arm hair, really funny and true! To me, that is the sign I can't hide from others I just bought a new knife. Or looking out the window for USPS, running to the computer to check tracking number info, etc.....

Jesus said, and I quote: "But now, he that hath a purse, let his take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."

Don't believe me? Luke 22:36

Amen to that!

And for the records, I've bought my last two knives keeping it secret from my wife.
It seems that I buy two out of three knives without her knowing...

But I can stop buying knives if I only want to...probably...I think... it must be so, I -can- stop if want!! Yes surely!

if i have 1 knife that is worth more than any single firearm I own make me a knife addict? what about having two knives like that?

ok my name is Omar I'm a knife addict! I have gone 5 days without buying a knife! I am addicted to kershaw discontinueds, spyderco and benchmade, I was found last night at a local gunshop trying to sell my kid for a kershaw boa. I don't know what to do. and I really could use a kershaw storm 1470! I started out mostly with 8crmov13 now sandvik 14c28n doesnt do it for me anymore I need harder steel! please help me! LOLOL. Buy the way I have a really cool kershaw blackwash collection! 3 of them are exclusive blackwash knives! the oso sweet! the Zing, the rake the brawler !

Anybody who signed up for an account at this site does indeed have a problem;)

that's me without the wife! I collect kershaw discontinued's I have rules that do work for me. If I buy a knife 3 things have to be a yes for me to buy the knife

1) how rare is it? and what's the steel???
2) I dont buy knives over $200 if I really want the knife and the price is too much I use common sense if i punch in the knife on ebay or on the internet and there's always one available how rare is it? to buy a sandvik steel knife for $400 is whacky! even if its rare! an example the kershaw et toggle that knife is always around! but it sells for $400??? that's not worth it
3) If I'm contemplating too much, I let it go no matter how much I want it.

finally if you enjoy something, and you have self control to some extent why not!!!! there are worse things to be addicted to!

[video=youtube;BNQULw8E8H0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNQULw8E8H0[/video]

My wife has put me on a 3 a year limit. If I buy more I have to sell something to fund it. If its expensivr it counts as 2 knives. I willingly accept it. I'd spend money I shouldn't otherwise.

From my Facebook knife group post:

This is fun, but I think it’s time to throttle back when you loose track of how many you have inbound. Also, I think ordering several new knives a day could be a clue too........

Member: Just depends on how much disposable income you have.

Me: Fortunately I’m able to support my addictions. However, addictive behavior is addictive behavior. It doesn’t only present as a financial crisis, jail time, health issues, or divorce. It can be less outwardly dramatic and yet still destructive if not proactively managed. I am just amazed how sweet and alluring knife collecting really is. There is no doubt it reached up and grabbed me fast. I felt it. I watched it work. For me, I’m done buying production knives. I think I’ve got ‘em all. I was done a pelican case or two ago. As for custom art. Knives are an amazing and special media. I will absolutely continue, collecting and investing in custom knives. I just need to dial it back on the frenzied impulse buying of tactical folders just for the “rush” of ordering.

Back