Knife Joy Slysz Bowie Second Run Coming!

Ok, I just received the Original CTS-XHP & the Gen 1 KnifeJoy M390 Slysz Bowies.

feKWJcs.jpg

3kB46kf.jpg

The Original CTS-XHP is impeccable.

There's a mirror finish on the blade with no evidence of any machine marks (as on the M390), the Ti handle is smooth as silk (unlike the anno blue M390 which feels rough to the touch) and the blade lock releases (unlike the M390) w/o any friction whatsoever.

If it didn't cost almost $1k, I'd consider carrying it.

U60m42u.jpg

ZjCgUgj.jpg

So, in comparison w/the Original CTS-XHP, the KnifeJoy M390 is just a crude imitation. I'll keep it for now but, I'd have no problem selling it, as long as I still own the Original.

Last edited:
Ok, I just received the Original CTS-XHP & the Gen 1 KnifeJoy M390 Slysz Bowies.

feKWJcs.jpg

3kB46kf.jpg

The Original CTS-XHP is impeccable.

There's a mirror finish on the blade with no evidence of any machine marks (as on the M390), the Ti handle is smooth as silk (unlike the anno blue M390 which feels rough to the touch) and the blade lock releases (unlike the M390) w/o any friction whatsoever.

If it didn't cost almost $1k, I'd consider carrying it.

U60m42u.jpg

So, in comparison w/the Original CTS-XHP, the KnifeJoy M390 is just a crude imitation. I'll keep it for now but, I'd have no problem selling it, as long as I still own the Original.
Send it to me and I'll carry it 🥰

In your dreams. LOL! ;)
I think your real dilemma is do you carry the Knife Joy Gen1 while admiring the OG at home, or do you sell/trade it to get another OG to carry.

I think your real dilemma is do you carry the Knife Joy Gen1 while admiring the OG at home, or do you sell/trade it to get another OG to carry.

I've got more than enough knives to carry & I never carry anything worth more than $250.

So, I don't need/want to carry either one of them & certainly wouldn't sell the KnifeJoy just to buy another Original to carry. 🤷‍♂️

I've got more than enough knives to carry & I never carry anything worth more than $250.

So, I don't need/want to carry either one of them & certainly wouldn't sell the KnifeJoy just to buy another Original to carry. 🤷‍♂️

That's too bad - If I have more than one I'll carry an expensive one if it's worth carrying (Knife Art CRK Inkosi and Shirogorov F3 R18 today, with a cheap SAK and a Shootout OTF on the weak side).

That's too bad - If I have more than one I'll carry an expensive one if it's worth carrying (Knife Art CRK Inkosi and Shirogorov F3 R18 today, with a cheap SAK and a Shootout OTF on the weak side).

It's not "too bad" IMO.

I've got a lot of knives that I "use" and none of them are "expensive."

I'm too "practical" to use an "expensive" knife to cut something when a "cheaper" knife will do. That's why the knives I use mostly are just cheap carbon steel & S/S kitchen knives, replaceable safety razor or utility blade cutters &/or SAKs.

The most expensive kitchen knife that I use is a Forschner Victorinox 14"serrated slicer that only costs $80.

So, it's unnecessary for me to use any of the knives that I buy for my "collection" which currently numbers about 400 and is worth about $100k. It would be frivolous for me to use any of these knives, the majority of which you seldom see for sale for any price anymore.

If I had the space to display these knives in a separate room, I would, but, as it is, I just pull them out & lay them out on the rug to view & fondle them from time to time because I regard them more like jewelry than as knives. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
It's not "too bad" IMO.

I've got a lot of knives that I "use" and none of them are "expensive."

I'm too "practical" to use an "expensive" knife to cut something when a "cheaper" knife will do. That's why the knives I use mostly are just cheap carbon steel & S/S kitchen knives, replaceable safety razor or utility blade cutters &/or SAKs.

The most expensive kitchen knife that I use is a Forschner Victorinox 14" slicer that only costs $80.

So, it's unnecessary for me to use any of the knives that I buy for my "collection" which currently numbers about 400 and is worth about $100k. It would be frivolous for me to use any of these knives, the majority of which you seldom see for sale for any price anymore.

If I had the space to display these knives in a separate room, I would, but, as it is, I just pull them out & lay them out on the rug to view & fondle them from time to time because I regard them more like jewelry to me than knives. 🤷‍♂️
I have some knives like that - Damacore Hermans and such. But I’d miss having a really nice knife on me sometimes. I just usually don’t carry a one-of-a-kind that I can’t replace - that’s why I buy doubles (or more) of nice ones, so I can enjoy carrying one of them.

I have some knives like that - Damacore Hermans and such. But I’d miss having a really nice knife on me sometimes. I just usually don’t carry a one-of-a-kind that I can’t replace - that’s why I buy doubles (or more) of nice ones, so I can enjoy carrying one of them.

I seldom buy dups of any knife and if I do, I usually try to get rid of the dup ASAP.

The only "dups" that I currently own are safety blade box cutters and "Explorer" SAKs. I also have a dup of an M398 that I bought to avoid the shipping charge from Spyderco when I bought it and I still haven't been able to get rid of it yet but, then again, I haven't tried that hard to do so yet. 🤷‍♂️

I seldom buy dups of any knife and if I do, I usually try to get rid of the dup ASAP.

The only "dups" that I currently own are safety blade box cutters and "Explorer" SAKs. I also have a dup of an M398 that I bought to avoid the shipping charge from Spyderco when I bought it and I still haven't been able to get rid of it yet but, then again, I haven't tried that hard to do so yet. 🤷‍♂️
I hope I haven’t offended you in some way, because it’s seems that you choose to like or do the opposite of whatever I say 😂

As an aside, these 6 Gen 2 KnifeJoy Slysz Bowies (KJSB) have been listed for sale on the Exchange in the past week

One was clearly sold & one is listed as "not longer available" (which means it could have been sold, traded or simply withdrawn) but I haven't seen a single clear "I'll take it" for the other 4 yet. So, it may not be all that easy to resell the KJSB that I bought . . . at least not here. 🤷‍♂️

-------------------------------------------------

There may be more but this is far back as I looked.

Last edited:
As an aside, these 6 Gen 2 KnifeJoy Slysz Bowies (KJSB) have been listed for sale on the Exchange in the past week

One was clearly sold & one is listed as "not longer available (which means it could have been sold, traded or simply withdrawn) but I haven't seen a single clear "I'll take it" for the other 4 yet. So, it may not be all that easy to resell the KJSB that I bought . . . at least not here. 🤷‍♂️

There may be more but this is far back as I looked.

So one is "SOLD", one is "PM Sent" and one is "No longer available". I think people understand that the KJ version is not as desirable as the OG, but I'm think they'll sell sooner than later.

Totally agree and concur. I’ve “lost” too many expensive knives and $250 would be the max I’d carry and not cry over spilled milk. You can get a lot of practical EDC knives for under $250. Same with flashlights and pens. By far my most expensive EDC item is iPhone Pro Max but it has insurance.

So one is "SOLD", one is "PM Sent" and one is "No longer available". I think people understand that the KJ version is not as desirable as the OG, but I'm think they'll sell sooner than later.

The 1st knife in the list sold last night. So that's only 2 clearly sold out of 6.

I think the price was $480 -- really wish people would stop deleting their asking prices!! -- which was "reasonable."

I'd "hope" that the rest will sell "sooner or later" but few people look beyond the 1st or 2nd page of the Exchange listings. So, if they others do sell, they'll probably have to be relisted a few times to get it done.

And, of course, price matters and, around here, the price for most knives needs to be low. There's at least 1 of the knives in the list that's priced over $500 and I don't that will sell until the price is dropped below that.

We'll see . . .

This reminds me . . .

I've gotta link new checking account to my eBay account to begin selling things there again.

Came back to this thread because I noticed the same thing, for such a small and limited run it seems like there are a lot being immediately posted for sale!

Here are 2 more posted for sale today:

A 1st Run for $400:

And a 2nd Run for $500:

----------------------------------------

Looks like 4 of the 6 knives in posted last week (as listed above) were sold. Uncertain if 1 was sold or not and 1 remains unsold.

----------------------------------------

And here's another 2nd run that just popped up for $455:

Last edited:
Looking for titanium clip and also possible standoffs to replace ugly backspacer on the new Slysz Bowie.Anyone with some info?Thanks.

Back