Knife Joy Slysz Bowie Second Run Coming!

Looking for titanium clip and also possible standoffs to replace ugly backspacer on the new Slysz Bowie.Anyone with some info?Thanks.
Ripps Garage Tech makes a machined (flat and contoured) clip for the Bowie! I bought the RGT blue anodized clip for the first drop version and matched color almost perfectly.

Ripps Garage Tech makes a machined (flat and contoured) clip for the Bowie! I bought the RGT blue anodized clip for the first drop version and matched color almost perfectly.
Perfect,thank you!

Good to know - the Timascus one I bought from Ripps is too bright blue looking, and I can't get good pics; because it comes out looking green in pics but blue Timascus in real life.

Just ordered one from Ripps,blue ano for my Slysz Bowie.
Thanks again DA170!

Anyone have pics of the RGT "Bluie" clip? Waiting on mine to come in (both clip and knife).

I really want to see how deep the RGT clip rides in the pocket. I don't like a lot of handle above the pocket line.

Here are 2 more posted for sale today:

A 1st Run for $400:

And a 2nd Run for $500:

----------------------------------------

Looks like 4 of the 6 knives in posted last week (as listed above) were sold. Uncertain if 1 was sold or not and 1 remains unsold.

----------------------------------------

And here's another 2nd run that just popped up for $455:

I need to go back and post mine sold. Listed for 500$.. Sold for 475$. Happy to have my money back and shipping paid.

Received mine today. Great action and centering. A few discolorations on the scales (haven't tried to clean it yet), and the blade was covered in oil and when wiped off left a lot of black residue on the cloth. No deal breakers here as I plan to use the hell out of it. RGT bluie clip should be here tomorrow and i'll give this thing some pocket time.

Received mine today. Great action and centering. A few discolorations on the scales (haven't tried to clean it yet), and the blade was covered in oil and when wiped off left a lot of black residue on the cloth. No deal breakers here as I plan to use the hell out of it. RGT bluie clip should be here tomorrow and i'll give this thing some pocket time.
Please post a pic showing how deep that RGT clip rides in the pocket. Congrats on your Bowie.

Are the ti slabs contoured like the original Bowie, or are they just machined flat now?

Please post a pic showing how deep that RGT clip rides in the pocket. Congrats on your Bowie.
iAqpixF.jpg

Spyderco returned my call today about the KJ 2nd gen. Slysz Bowie pivot. The gentleman was very brusque... And almost seemed annoyed with me? I was a little bewildered as I thought the message I had left was very respectful.

First he informed me that he didn't think there had been any changes to the pivot of KnifeJoy exclusive Slysz Bowie 1st gen and 2nd gen release. I informed him that I had both a 1st gen release, and a 2nd gen release both on hand and that the pivot seemed to be much more shallow on the second gen (which others have also reported), and that there are also reports of red/permeant loctite being used. Then he questioned me about why I, or anyone else would want to take the knife apart to begin with. I let him know I like to replace the lube with KPL.

In the end he told me to send the knife in. I asked specifically if the pivot could be removed and replaced with a new one and was told yes... So it sounds like they can help. I'm glad I won't have to resort to destructive means and replacing the pivot.

When I got off the phone I wanted to make sure I wasn't crazy, so I measured the pivot depth of both knives with a set of Mitutoyo calipers. On the 1st gen. KJ release I get a repeatable depth of .235". On the 2nd gen. KJ release I get a repeatable depth of .017".

I think this video shows off the issue much better though. The first bit is a Wiha T8 Torx. The second bit is a higher end, PB Swiss T8 Torx. The first gen is on the left, and the second gen is on the right.

Back