Knife Knut Classification..

O M G! I was suspicious for a while but now I'm convinced that I have A multiple knife personality. :D

I'm even starting to make balisongs using old files for blades and other knives using O1 stock.

Variety is the spice of life

Originally posted by thombrogan
You eat spices for dessert? :eek:

For goodness sakes, man! Buy that 806D2 before it's too late!
thom, you are a classic among classiques. hey, what's your email, or do you have an AIM handle?

I didn't see my name on that list, I've owned a BM since the AFCK, and my EdgePro is about a year old already, thombrogan I demand that you change that list to include me.:mad: actually I fit into most of the groups, my wife says I have a problem, I keep tellin' her, "I know I have a problem, not enough money to buy knives" :)

WadeF,

You might be the only video-shooting Benchknut, but Benchmade owners who also own a Professional or Apex EdgePro are legion. Those who admit it include:

You
Me
Nosmo
KCSteve
Gator97

If we were fingers, we'd make one sharp son-of-a-fist.

Alan,

Once you get yourself an 806D2, and you WILL get an 806D2, and an EdgePro, you'll understand what all of the hubbub is about. Don't worry, when you look back on the past few months and see the folly of your ways, though you may never have reason to do so, you'll wonder why you didn't get one sooner.

Consider it a harsh request, and you had a fine analogy that's why I wanted to be included.

Analogy, I still think that's a funny word.:D

Originally posted by alan aragon
thom, you are a classic among classiques. hey, what's your email, or do you have an AIM handle?
i'd pm you my questions, but i don't have a gold membership.

Originally posted by Paracelsus
Well, ...and some of my best friends are sebenzanistas...Para

Yeah. Me too. But like a lawyer, I wouldn't want my daughter to marry one...

Originally posted by alan aragon:
i'd pm you my questions, but i don't have a gold membership.

Don't let Wade hear you admitting that you'll spend $300+ for a custom blade, but haven't ponied up $30 to support the Forums! ;)

LOL, I think Alan belongs in the "knife-snob" group, as Wade has cited.

The latest and most expensive knife he jumps on is always the best.

The kicker is going to come one day down the road when he discovers that with technology the way it is today, we are all hard-pressed to say that many of our high-dollar custom pieces are truly *_that_* much better than the higher-end productions that can easily spot the customs hundreds of dollars in exchange.

Do I love my customs and semi-customs/production-customs? You bet.

But am I gonna lie and say that many approach or even surpass the smoothness of my $100 Spyderco-Viele, the flipper smoothness of my Kershaw Boa, the lock-strength of my $100 BM AXIS-locks and Spydie lock-back, or the sheer speed of my $100 MT autos or Waved EKIs? Or hell, surpass the corrosion resistance of my 440A junk HSN Frost folder?

You don't see my nose getting longer, do you?

:D

Go "slumming," Alan, expand your horizons.

Allen
aka DumboRAT

Originally posted by DumboRAT
LOL, I think Alan belongs in the "knife-snob" group, as Wade has cited.

The latest and most expensive knife he jumps on is always the best.
hey now.. what's with the alan bashing?! i thought dumbo rat was an independent thinker who based his opinions on fact. the most expensive knife i own is a brend model 2. i got that 8 months ago. i got my duncan 1 month ago for 1/3 the price of the brend (and am still honeymooning with it), and the brend is still my favorite by far. i love my factory knives as well. knife snob?? i dream of the spydie chinook 2, and absolutely love cold steel tantos. i've only bought 2 knives in the past year. i spend MOST of my time wanting all types of knives, but knowing full well they're not in the budget this very second. talk about slumming it! this indicates 2 things: 1) you're wrong; 2) you're still wrong. *shakes head* let me say this for the THIRD TIME IN THIS THREAD... I AM A KNEWBIE!!!!!!!!!!!! I NEVER SAID THAT CUSTOMS ARE "BETTER" THAN NON-CUSTOMS!!!!!!! I OWN FACTORY KNIVES AND CUSTOMS AS WELL!!!!!!! MY MOST USED KNIFE I OWN & ONE OF MY FAVES IS A SPYDERCO DELICA!!!!!!! I ALREADY SAID IN THIS THREAD THAT MY OLD BUCK 110 IS ONE OF MY MOST SOLIDLY BUILT KNIVES!!!!!!!!!!!! I SAID NOTHING IN THIS THREAD TO EXALT CUSTOMS OVER FACTORY KNIVES!!!!!!!!! IN FACT, I MADE FUN OF CUSTOM KNIFE COLLECTORS BY CALLING THEM GREY POUPON ART COLLECTORS!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!! READ THE WHOLE POST BEFORE YOU ACCUSE ME FALSELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

man i'm a good thread starter ;)

What about:
Ka-Barbarians?
Tantonistas?
Benchmateys? [pirate voice]ARRRR![/pirate voice]
CRKT-Breakers?
A.G. Rustlers?

Alan,

I never use my AIM, so it'd be moot. Also, you just went off on Allen, so there's not much I have to say to you right now.

Alan,

I never use my AIM, so it'd be moot. Also, you just went off on Allen, so there's not much I have to say to you right now.
why is everyone so touchy here?

okay, since you're so concerned about mr. rat's well being, he & i have communicated a few times already. i'm still thankful to allen about his helpful review i asked him for of his ER that he got some time back. i ended my "going off" commentary with a winkey smiley faced disclaimer, so how hostile could i really be?

i was going to ask you some questions about your modifications to your edgepro. i'd rather not use this thread about it.

Originally posted by Elmer Snerd
What about:
Ka-Barbarians?
Tantonistas?
Benchmateys? [pirate voice]ARRRR![/pirate voice]
CRKT-Breakers?
A.G. Rustlers?
ka-barbarians - wheren't they extinct after WWII?
tantonistas - are you talking pre or post cold steel?
bench mateys - aye aye captain, i think you have "axis" to some info on them already.
CRKT breakers - lmfao, that's classic.

is there a wall of fame for controversial threads? i've been feeling like michael jackson lately.

for those of you who want to see my normal side, i set a very engaging thread in whine & cheese:

click here.

and for the record, i am slumming, heh..

Alan, that was one of the funniest threads I've read in a long time. (I really need to branch out from the Blade Discussion and Reviews fora. Heck, I need to branch out from this site altogether....)

And how about the Make-it's, where anything not nailed down[and some things that are] is a potentual knife componant. the kind of guy who would take apart his kids bedframes to see if it's high carbon? Not that I would do that. Really. POOL

Back