Knives by Richard J. The Definition of Scary Sharp

I'm thinking of having Richard grind one of those into a wedge type razor. If I can talk him into it, it will be cool.
I'm also looking at some scales for my necker. I have some interesting plans. Stay tuned.

I'm thinking of having Richard grind one of those into a wedge type razor. If I can talk him into it, it will be cool.
I'm also looking at some scales for my necker. I have some interesting plans. Stay tuned.

That'd be really slick!... :thumbup:

Once RJ is back in action I'd like to get one like the M4 composite blade you got from him.

That'd be really slick!... :thumbup:

Once RJ is back in action I'd like to get one like the M4 composite blade you got from him.

I'm not sure who got the M4 blade. I sure want to play with one though.

they will have to wait till i get healed back up. i have some other projects i hope i can get finished before i go back in the hospital.
Best wishes for a speedy recovery Richard!
Protourest, That is a beautiful knife! It looks all business!

I'm not sure who got the M4 blade. I sure want to play with one though.

I must be drinking too much (or maybe not enough?) because now reading back on the previous page it was cncpro that got em... :foot:

Last edited:
I wish Rishard a speedy recovery.

Very nice utility blades - less is more.

Those that have handle material; what is it - looks like heat shrunk material?

I wish Rishard a speedy recovery.

Very nice utility blades - less is more.

Those that have handle material; what is it - looks like heat shrunk material?

It's neoprene. He finished mine while I was there and they are fitted perfectly to my hand. They definitely grip well and should wear well.

I gotta admit, Richard makes one funky looking knife. I have heard nothing but great things, and would love to get one (and I will at some point), but they have a certain... unique style to them.

I hope you get better soon, Richard. It seems like every time I get ready to ship knives to you, you have another complication pop up. My timing never has been good, though. Here's to hoping that you spring back to being spry as a fox.

I don't have the privledge of owning of of Rich's knives, but I have dealt with him on a personal level for some other knives,a s wella s having him sharpen my prized posesion [of which he of course did an exeplerary job]. I don't get a chnce to chat here much any more, but I have spoken with rich several times int eh last month or two as he's been going through this rough patch. I wish I had more time to myself as I would love to make a visit one day [and he's made the invite, I just can;t ever find the time]. He's good folk, and an upstandig man.

If rich said that knife would cut the moon, I'd believe him. A good strong knife, from a strong man.

get better soon Richard !

btw tried to email you about getting some
knives of mine sharpened but its seems
ive lost your email address when I switched
to a new cell phone ! again let us know when
your back in action that way I can get your
email again and set up a date to send you
my knives

Frank Cervantes

What's in your pocket?

get better soon Richard !

btw tried to email you about getting some
knives of mine sharpened but its seems
ive lost your email address when I switched
to a new cell phone ! again let us know when
your back in action that way I can get your
email again and set up a date to send you
my knives

Frank Cervantes

Richard's email is on his site. Click the link in his sig line and it's about half way down. rje196021 at gmail.com obviously you will replace the at with an @.;)

Here's one by Richard with his neoprene handles,1075 & his trademark convex chisel grind.It's the sharpest knife I own.Just glides through material like it's not even there.The edge has only seen an unloaded strop for maintenance.It's never touched a belt or sandpaper,never needed it.

attachment.php

That necker looks sick!I may have to get one when I get caught up with my bills.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery Rich!:thumbup:

Attachments

• Picture 003.jpg
    Picture 003.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 282
Richard's email is on his site. Click the link in his sig line and it's about half way down. rje196021 at gmail.com obviously you will replace the at with an @.;)

thanks protourist !
I'll shoot him an email later
btw where would one get
the sas survival book ?

Frank

Last edited:
On our last visit, Richard took the time to show Gus and I how to make a necker.
This is Gus at the beginning stage and I will show more once the knife is completed.

833223FF-B577-4E27-A0A5-BEE36FEBEAA0-3509-0000046394FE0270_zps68507249.jpg

Here's one by Richard with his neoprene handles,1075 & his trademark convex chisel grind.It's the sharpest knife I own.Just glides through material like it's not even there.The edge has only seen an unloaded strop for maintenance.It's never touched a belt or sandpaper,never needed it.

attachment.php

That necker looks sick!I may have to get one when I get caught up with my bills.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery Rich!:thumbup:

I really like that look of that one - a LOT! I recently convexed the chisel edge of my trusty CQC-10, and have been amazed at the sharpness and durability of that edge. I'm thinking more of my EKI's will be wearing that edge.

Prayers sent Richard - get better sir.

thanks protourist !
I'll shoot him an email later
btw where would one get
the sas survival book ?

Frank

I think the SAS book is still available on the big online book store sites. It's identical to the regular one other than a few typos and fits neatly in my pocket.
Don't go anywhere without one.:D
Just google Lofty Wiseman pocket survival book and you'll find it.

Back