Knives of the Blade Show 2012 • Art, Classics, and Surprises

Discussion in 'Custom & Handmade Knives' started by SharpByCoop, Jun 14, 2012.

1. Mossyhorn

Mossyhorn Enlightened Rogue Gold Member

Dec 6, 2009
    Coop, you're photos are unparalleled and truly showcase the knives of highly skilled makers

2. jerrym103

jerrym103

Dec 14, 2005
    great work Coop. I can't believe you took my saw blade with a duct tape handle and made it look that good.
    Thank you, Jerry

3. Mongo

Mongo

Nov 5, 2001
    Coop... you are a true artist. Thank you for the pics! You gotta have one of the top ten coolest jobs on the planet!

4. Bruce Bump

Bruce Bump

Dec 2, 1999
    Some real good shooting Jim.
    I like the JS groups, MY buddy Dana Hackeys knives are gorgeous.

5. JParanee

JParanee Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 23, 2006
    Thanks Jim

Nobody does it better :)

6. BURNSY56

BURNSY56

Dec 13, 2003
    Coop. Thank you for bringing the show us. We truly appreciate all your efforts.

7. Big Rick

Big Rick

Aug 11, 2009
    I like all the JS knives. Got to keep my eye out for some of their work, I already spotted Ken's work a couple of years ago!!

8. T.K.C.

T.K.C.

May 7, 2005
    Beautiful pix, as usual!!! Thank you.

9. EScott

EScott

Jan 1, 2010
    Always a pleasure to see your work. Thanks again for Conner's picture and the time you spent with Lydia. I know that sword cane was a bear to photograph, and you did a great job with it. Thanks for posting all these photos here. It's always fun to see what everyone else brought to Blade that I wasn't able to see in person. See you next year.

E. Scott McGhee
    www.guineahogforge.com

10. SharpByCoop

SharpByCoop Enjoying the discussions Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 8, 2001
    Hi Folks,

Thanks for your accolades and appreciations. I aim to serve.... :)

Shayne Carter is a blacksmith/farrier/knifemaker. His hat was as big as his smile and handshake.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Jon's interpretation of the blade is feathered bamboo leaves.
    [​IMG]

Kevin Cross has a variety of good work to show
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lastly, Wally Hayes created a difficult folder in the theme of a favorite Pharaoh.
    [​IMG]

More....

11. SharpByCoop

SharpByCoop Enjoying the discussions Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 8, 2001
    Tom Ploppert won 'Best New Maker'. We see why!
    [​IMG]

Rodrigo Sfreddo: A stunning work of art from a Mastersmith's Mastersmith.
    [​IMG]

David Sharp: What is closer to a Loveless standard than green canvas micarta and red liners? A superb set.
    [​IMG]

Clean, tidy sheaths support the work.
    [​IMG]

Terry Vandeventer: He carved a piece of bone to make his takedown tool. There isn't stag prettier than this.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I've got a bunch more, but I'm waiting for some responses. Thanks.

Jim

12. R.Russell

R.Russell

Feb 24, 2009
    I'll respond. These images are pure inspiration Jim. Thank you for your work, this is what Bladeforums is all about for me. And for someone not likely to be able to make it to Blade, its a vacation from the daily grind. I'm in Blade heaven right now thanks to you and your lens. Please!More!!!!!

13. David Sharp

David Sharp

May 23, 2008
    I spent all three days wandering at Blade and only saw a half dozen of these knives(makes me wonder what I was doing). Thanks for the great photos!

14. Grapevine

Grapevine

Mar 5, 2002
    Awesome photos.

On the feathered bamboo leaves dagger from Jon Christensen--man, I usually don't go for damascus, but this is one of those rare occasions when the damascus hits the spot for me.

15. RogerP

RogerP

Feb 28, 2002
    I got to handle a few of the David Sharp knives, and man, I was really impressed.

I did not get to see Shayne Carter's work, but do I ever love the damascus pattern in that bowie! Are the damascus horseshoes included? Heck, I would love to have on of those, just to have one of those.

Roger

16. manix J

manix J

Dec 11, 2005
    Just awesome pics!!

So many great works, the sfreddo really works for me!

Jeff

17. Chris Montgomery

Chris Montgomery

Dec 8, 2011
    Between Rodrigo and Ron Newton the Keyhole handle treatment keeps getting elevated more and more!!!! What's next a take down version? Leaves me scratching my head in wonder and amazement!!!

Stunning images of outstanding craftsmanship!! Thank you Mr. Cooper!

Chris

18. JParanee

JParanee Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 23, 2006

I did also and I ordered one for delivery at the Gathering in Vegas

David is a great guy that does great work :)

19. v-man

v-man

Jan 20, 2001
    Rodrigo Sfreddo: A stunning work of art from a Mastersmith's Mastersmith.
    [​IMG]

WOW!
    I missed this at the show.......

20. SBranson

SBranson

Oct 29, 2006
    Fantastic.. Beautiful images of wonderful work. Sfreddo's piece just leaves me gasping. It's stunning to look at and mind-boggling when trying to image how to make it.. Yoiks.

Congratulations to all the new JS makers. I was particularly excited by this series as it's so different from the norm. Nice to see such a different set for submission.