Knives of the Blade Show 2012 • Art, Classics, and Surprises

Great photos as usual Coop. nice to see so many knives that I did not see and likely were gone before the show began. Always enjoy seeing new ideas as presented by the new JS members.

Dietrich, congrats on your JS stamp!! The OKCA show was fun see you next year!
Greg

Many thanks to Jim for the beautiful images. For those of us who couldn't make the show. We still get a taste of what was. To those who made JS congrates.

"Bing"
Bruce Bingenheimer
ABS Journeysmith
CKCA

Coop Those photo's are unbelievable!! I didn't get a chance to see some of the other JS test knives up close and I know these pictures do them justice. I definitely was in with a great group of knife makers.
Thanks for posting all these.
Steve

I'd just like to say that the photos are superb as always, Coop!

Unfortunately, I can't find anything shown with a superlative WOW factor, and that is pretty disappointing. Every year at Blade I usually find something that is so unique, so thrilling, and overall, that isn't my visual experience from the photos from you and everyone else.

The stuff from Sam Lurquin had everyone buzzing that called in from Blade, but it really does nothing for me....every once in a while, there is a less than sublime Blade, and this one seemed to be it, as far as I can tell....sadly.

Best Regards,

STeven Garsson

what about Lisch's knife? I thought that was pretty thrilling.

STeven: Thanks for your appreciations. :) Maybe, just maybe, the second batch I'm preparing will have a spark to ignite your desire. We'll see.

I spent a needed day away from my computer with my son. It was Father's Day. Beautiful day outdoors, doing a letterbox exploration with him.

More tomorrow!

Coop

Coop,
Thanks for all of the great images! One question: How do you keep the drool off of the knives when you're shooting the pics.?

I liked Sam's work & his prices I thought were very reasonable . As far as the show , I enjoyed it although I was disappointed a couple of makers I was hoping to see didn't make it -

David Lisch: We've been seeing this one in it's own thread. So cool.
orig.jpg

Sandro Boeck hails from South America, I believe. Outstanding.
orig.jpg

Butch Deveraux with a familiar style, done REALLY sexy.
orig.jpg

orig.jpg

TFK = Tango Foxtrot Knives (Tom Ferry, MS, has created this mid-tech line.)
orig.jpg

Jon Graham took his proven design and literally shot a few holes in it with a .204 Ruger..
orig.jpg

Here's the exit wounds... :eek:
orig.jpg

Last edited:
Tony Hughes has a vibrant knife in this one.
orig.jpg

Spent a little extra time admiring Jerry Fisk's NLT fighter. Crazy work!
orig.jpg

Shawn McIntyre, MS hails from Australia...
orig.jpg

...Look at this steel!
orig.jpg

What a hamon. (I used some mad skillz to show it properly. ;)
orig.jpg

A departure from his normal work, this S.R. Johnson dagger was on order for over five years. What a gratifying wait!
orig.jpg

Speaking of stock removal, here's newcomer Chad Nell with great skills.
orig.jpg

As always, Coop, it's a joy when you post new work, love to see it. Please be sure to holler at us when you are ready for more work. I'm itchin' to send you one.

Bob

Gary Root draws on a LOT of talent in his work...
orig.jpg

The tip is held in place with a rare earth magnet to keep it stable.
orig.jpg

Ray Rybar: One part storyteller, one part activist, one part knifemaker. Unprecedented works!
orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

And a final touch back to tradition with a smart slipjoint from Johnny Stout.
orig.jpg

I have finally finished all my edits. I'm on my 12th hour now...

More tomorrow when I get approvals.

Thanks for viewing!

Coop

Last edited:
so many cool pieces I did not get to see, thankfully coop posts em!!

thanks Jeff

Rodrigo Sfreddo: A stunning work of art from a Mastersmith's Mastersmith.
orig.jpg

WOW !!! Amazing work !!!

If the photos look a bit small this morning, I've exceeded my monthly allocation of bandwidth (not storage) on Fototime, so they downsize.

I just re-upped my subscription. Check back later for full glory.

I'll post many more this evening. I can't until then. Savor what we have!

JIm

Hey Coop

Thanks for the work on the knives, fantastic as usual. And an big thanks for the posting, it is a bunch of extra work you do for everyone and it is appreciated. I always miss so much at the show it is great to have a chance to see it again from home!

Back