Knives with really cool handles

I like knives with really cool handles.

I think the reason why I like fixed blade knives is because the blending of blade and handle can result in a really nice piece of sculpture.

I am not sure if I am making sense here but whenever I see a knife with an unusual sculpted handle I always go back and look again and again.

As an example of one I like this is a photo borrowed from Coop's thread showing an especially nicely sculpted handle.
I am thinking you will know who made the handle without having to see the credits at the bottom of the photo.
orig.jpg

Maybe you guys could post photos of knives you have seen or made yourself with an impressive handle. Please post photos........lots of them.

Last edited:
Blade material by one of the pioneers of stainless damascus, Friedrich Schneider. Eyes of hematite, handle of thick silver over bronze. This goes to Blade, hopefully to find a stand-maker, something minimalist/modern.

orig.jpg

This second one is by Mardi Meshejian. Handle is a mammoth tusk, inserted into a hunk of carved pink ivorywood. This "piece" is about 22" long. The band of gold, midway, is 18k as is the pommel setting.

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Last edited:
WOW!!!!
This knife is beautiful and scary at the same time.
Makes me think of something used in a secret Egyptian ritual.

Striking handle photos. I like the contours. One of the best aspect of "custom knives". This is one of my absolute favorites, (i have posted it recently) it conforms to the hand like magic. "Cool" is a good fit, too!
Chris Amos
7bf81752.jpg

b3f60e70.jpg

6344138d.jpg

984d61ea.jpg

Ed Fowler
af98c4f0.jpg

76f2f6be.jpg

Last edited:
Cool stuff.. especially that Broadwell/Foster.

Here is one I did from cedar driftwood that I found and stablilized. Wish I could find more like this...

cutlery4-1.jpg

Well... then I want to contribute with this knife. A knife of reindeer antler and mammoth ivory.

Castlebride4.jpg

Hope you like it.

carlMichael

I like these but may be a bit Biased :)

ElkBark4.jpg

Khukri1038.jpg

Khukri1046.jpg

I am a huge fan of that Broadwell - haha!

Bill

Sorry, no pics, but just about anything by Mark Knapp. His mosaic handles just blow me away.

Silver over ebony by Dmitry...

standard.jpg

High-relief...

standard.jpg

Jody Samson 'Deathwing' in lost-wax cast bronze...

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Megalodon tooth by J. Neilson...

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Here are some really cool knife handles as displayed
on full page illustrations in some of my books....

I am sure that everyone knows the makers.

All the best,
David Darom (ddd)

Jeff-Gale-7.jpg

Vladimir.jpg

Bradichansky.jpg

While at it here are some more... :)

All the best,
David Darom (ddd)

Picture-5.jpg

Jan-Slezak.jpg

Boldan-011.jpg

Back