KW Exclusive Military CF/Ti S90V + CQI Improvements

Free shipping here, and I got it in 2 days. I'm in a very rural area, but reasonably close to a major mail hub.

Yeah man, I did free shipping also and it eneded up UPS GROUND! I live in MD. Oh well... gets here when it gets here

image.jpeg Got mine today. Very nice all around. Touched up the edge with Sharpmaker, cleaned up easily with standard stones to a noticeably improved level of sharpness as expected. Action a little sluggish but this will disappear in time. I really like the improvements over the old RIL.

Spyderco perfection!

83Ee1wS.jpg

just got the mail, mine was in it. no issues with mine. lock up is early enough, but not too much and solid...no flex no slipping towards open. no blade play side to side or up or down. no obvious cosmetic flaws either. edges are good, not super sharp but sharp enough for factory edge.

still cost more than i liked but whats done is done. no way id be able to get two like some of you did. time to enjoy 'er.

Mine may go back, too. Lockup is the same as yours, 70-80%, which probably wouldn't prompt me to return the knife (lock is steel on steel, after all, so wear should be very slow). What's more of an issue is that the lanyard hole is noticeably proud on the CF side, enough to feel with your hand and more than enough to shred fabric pretty quickly. It appears that the lanyard tube was not flared, which may be the cause of the problem.

Mine appears destined to be going back, the detent is very stiff, so much so that by the time you defeat it it tends to fly out. What I noticed when I opened it and just tried to wiggle the blade up and down when locked open it had lots of play and the lock bar was shifting in the direction to unlock and clicking, however it was not to the point the lock failed but I wasn't really cranking on it either I like my fingers. What I found is while the detent is very strong, the lockbar appears to be running out of tension before it travels far enough to lock the blade securely, looking at the locking surface of the blade it appears to be about 70-80% engagement. I thought about just disassembling it and increasing the lock bar tension or shift the steel insert to see if that fixed it but it looks like between the lanyard hole and the stop pin disassembly might not be trivial. I'm surprised it would make it through QC this way, unfortunate because everything else on it seems really good. I swear companies should pay me to sort their bad products because I seem to be a bad QC sample magnet.

just got the mail, mine was in it. no issues with mine. lock up is early enough, but not too much and solid...no flex no slipping towards open. no blade play side to side or up or down. no obvious cosmetic flaws either. edges are good, not super sharp but sharp enough for factory edge.

still cost more than i liked but whats done is done. no way id be able to get two like some of you did. time to enjoy 'er.

At the expense of coming across like a braggart, I could get 5 x if I wanted to but I still would stick to one only, precisely because of the part of your sentence I painted in red as these are to be used and enjoyed. I rather spend my $ on different versions of the Millie than having a safe queen :thumbsup:

At the expense of coming across like a braggart, I could get 5 x if I wanted to but I still would stick to one only, precisely because of the part of your sentence I painted in red as these are to be used and enjoyed. I rather spend my $ on different versions of the Millie than having a safe queen :thumbsup:

naw, didnt come across that way..as a braggart. i get your point and agree. thanks for your thoughts.

I almost bought it for a backup! But then I realized the likelihood of wearing one out is nil.

My backups are for the horrible occassion that I actually lose a knife. It almost became a compulsive habit when I had one of my pocket knives stolen and couldnt replace it because it was discontinued. I only do it with my very favorite models or exclusives that I know wont me made again. I know that I wont be able to wear one out with general EDC use. I have backups of all of my favorite things. Knives, hats, flashlights, packs, shoes, fishing lures and lots of other gear.

I wish there was a viewable "quantity in stock" number on the KW site that kept track of inventory so I could see how fast these are selling. I'm just curious.

I buy back ups of all my favorite knives. Especially exclusives and sprints. A user and one to keep mint.

Anyway , both of my CF/Ti/S90V Militaries are excellent. I'm very happy with them.

Last edited:
I really love the detent action on this one a lot. really addicting. its quite a large knife for my small/medium hands, but doesn't take up pocket room at all like a pm2 would. wish they would have put more clip options like most knives have... but its not bad. if I have it in my left pocket the jimping rip up my jeans when removing it so I'm gonna keep it in my right pocket for now on.

even tho its large I get a great grip when cutting cardboard with it... ive cut only a few cardboard boxes already and its still sharp, cut through them like butta. being s90v should last a while.

the ti side is really plain/boring but I don't really mind that. if the relief cut was on the other side it may have been more busy, but I like it the way it is as it slips into the pocket well.

great carbon fiber side with decent grip with the peel ply texture. a bit of stainless steel liner under it with a pocket milled out of it opposite the steel lockbar insert. it's a really nice weight for its size and materials.

the fit and finish and quality is very very good.

favorite thing is the spidy flick... the detent and action is very satisfying. s90v in this blade profile is my 2nd fave about it.

edit: oh yea, I can use it with my left hand, including... spicy flick with my left hand!!!

Last edited:
Ide love to see a Ti military with wilson combat starburst milling in the handle! Yes I know there is a fluted version, but I am talking the same pattern as a "Starbenza"

Mo2

The amazing thing about the military is that it is so big but disappears in the pocket. I think part of that comes from the position of the clip. This first two weeks I ever carried a millie, it was too big. Now every other folder is too small.

A little trick for the left pocket carry to prevent the torn up jeans... rotate your left hand so your thumb passes between your body and your hand, knuckles are against your hip, palm out, thumb pointing behind you. Tuck your index finger behind the knife and pinch the knife between it and your thumb. When you draw, pull the knife slightly forward and the jimping will clear the pocket without catching. This also causes the knife to be oriented correctly in the hand for opening upon drawing the knife.

F0EF082E-DD2B-498E-989F-2E8AF37D1C60_zpsdvl1yzbx.jpg

56888364-B0F7-45D1-AB26-BAE990613FB3_zps6rqmi8qt.jpg

Ide love to see a Ti military with wilson combat starburst milling in the handle! Yes I know there is a fluted version, but I am talking the same pattern as a "Starbenza"

Mo2

The amazing thing about the military is that it is so big but disappears in the pocket. I think part of that comes from the position of the clip. This first two weeks I ever carried a millie, it was too big. Now every other folder is too small.

A little trick for the left pocket carry to prevent the torn up jeans... rotate your left hand so your thumb passes between your body and your hand, knuckles are against your hip, palm out, thumb pointing behind you. Tuck your index finger behind the knife and pinch the knife between it and your thumb. When you draw, pull the knife slightly forward and the jimping will clear the pocket without catching. This also causes the knife to be oriented correctly in the hand for opening upon drawing the knife.

F0EF082E-DD2B-498E-989F-2E8AF37D1C60_zpsdvl1yzbx.jpg

56888364-B0F7-45D1-AB26-BAE990613FB3_zps6rqmi8qt.jpg
Brilliant!! thanks for tips and agree with the size. reminds me of the zt 0452cf in size but the military is even bigger handle but shorter blade (bigger overall tho). but same effect in the pocket, it just out of the way for how big it is.

IMG_20170507_174209.jpg

Back