Let’s talk integrals!

The Jack is a definitive buy for me, the Paysan is a strong maybe, the WE Tyche or whatever it's called is also a maybe depending on the price. And far down the line a CKF Rassenti Collab could be great too, but again, price dependent and availability.

Here you go buddy:

067 Indefinite integral of a function 06.png

Oh... you meant knives... :p

I still think a stainless steel framelock, with inset liners and matched with CF or G10 on the blank side, is the way to go.

The Jack is a definitive buy for me, the Paysan is a strong maybe, the WE Tyche or whatever it's called is also a maybe depending on the price. And far down the line a CKF Rassenti Collab could be great too, but again, price dependent and availability.

The We 811 Tyche is available now for $348.00. I saw Dr Frunkey’s review of it and had to get order it. It will be my first integral. I was going to get the cheaper Thor 4s on the special price of $199.99 for the next day or so, but the WE looked awesome!

Last edited:
2v6GalqRcWZwwN57PYfFw19HvGS3IPl5uVGg6DSmBSbeSFRfl9c7i8yYLhFmoS7myH5wCkWoop-gpq25bHsHiqGnCId_Ej_sXO4OMCe_AnkimE2a70uzFet6mcOIt7FhagDg5gFQK2nOWPtlBhip_VGJwkKt7KkMV_X3av6YgAN4NMgD6JfpwSAwsb1KtbD0oHUoP6RDbSWZlaVO1uKWsv6BqG6MVl6bo2OJT2uyaPUhkA9y8XXqbxYb9EZXCoWgkxvoLSLoWYCYTfL9ciYD1sWB0jQnmeXw9MIqrOBoDpgReaqC0ofYwFyFGv7s7nbalQgSeupiwdAt7egYXl5i508ShYG8338wO7DwqIbo1TjWrDjDOWfu2yvslWP8rjdai9sw6bseH28ri_L2j72Gp7U1zMxihpvFylKKoTfuyLukVjZak2_c4iCU6250YPNtXVY5CHRTG4byAbiZEYNmZc3_hRVeNBKdvDqas3098Pqe9kBMwk7KICahbNi4P0mbDKqKSQ-s2v799JcEZXUuS_U-if2c0LwZw24neQJso_RaIBfTIlevNMyaKT-kv1jKRY43vfJm0uVFVIcBYu1i0DDZGNKGpmT5J8EystI=w800-h533-no

Lionsteer SR2a... love this little tank. The used Sleipner is a great steel imho.

The We 811 Tyche is available now for $348.00. I saw Dr Frunkey’s review of it and had to get order it. It will be my first integral. I was going to get the cheaper Thor 4s on the special price of $199.99 for the next day or so, but the WE looked awesome!

Doesn't seem to be available here in Europe. I know it was Limited Edition, but it wasn't some US Exclusive? Was it? Or maybe it hasn't gotten here yet? Which would be odd, given that WE Sponsors Bladestock (The EU Blade Show I'd call it), and has good ties to the EU Distributor and big shops for WE here. I'd expect them to at least get a couple like maybe 150 (75/75) for the US market, 30 (15/15) for Europe and 70 (35/35) for Russia/China, you know at least some sort of split for the markets.

Rike Thor 1 CF is inbound soon along with the WE 811 Tyche. Pretty stoked to see if they will be keepers.

Rike Thor 1 CF is inbound soon along with the WE 811 Tyche. Pretty stoked to see if they will be keepers.

I think the Rike is missing a third fuller/cutout in the blade :D (Seriously, why two?) other than that it's a pretty good looking knife.

That 811 is super nice. Polished ti! Never seen anything quite like it....and that blade!
Those knives are a limited run. I hope they are around long enough for me to reload my coffers.

The only one that really interests me is the LionSteel TM1 because it is a carbon fiber integral.
I have a TM1 carbon fiber for a few years now, bought unseen from an online seller, not to deter anyone from purchasing one, but its a little disappointing in my opinion. The blade stock is way too thick to cut anything (it'll crush carrots and bread rather than slice), the carbon fiber has major void issues ( not just a spot or two but all over the handle, and its not just my sample, I've seen the same issues with online reviews),
The black coating on the hardware like the clip and glass beaker ( if you choose the black one) are thinly coated rather than DLC, and it rub off easily.

It is impressive in the sense its the only CF integral that I know of and the smoothest lock back( it can be closed with a gentle shake)
Please handle and try the knife before you decide.

In general i found lionsteel to be a little overrated, i've own 3, and handled about 6, They are not in the same quality level as CRKs or Reates, This is my own experience with them, others might feel differently. although the price i paid for my 3 was not so bad..

However i can't be more impressed with WE and Reates recent offering, i'm waiting for my local knife dealer to list the Jack, or The 702
in a color combination i like.

In general i found lionsteel to be a little overrated, i've own 3, and handled about 6, They are not in the same quality level as CRKs or Reates, This is my own experience with them, others might feel differently. although the price i paid for my 3 was not so bad.
I don't really put them in the same quality level as Reate or CRK their prices are usually lower so it is to be expected that the quality particularly of the F&F is not at the same level. I have been impressed with what I have of theirs and what I have handled of theirs particularly for the prices being asked or the prices I have paid. I too am interested in the TM1 not sure if I would want the Micarta or CF model I think in some ways I prefer the look of the Micarta on this to the CF. My only concern is the weight I have seen it listed as 4.8oz up to 5.1 oz does anyone know what the weight is and how much if any difference there is in the CF and Micarta in the weight?

I have a Tm1 in carbon fiber and it's great for slicing up cardboard. Haven't tried to cut food with it. I assume the guy having trouble is trying to use a pocket knife like a chefs knife. It ain't gonna always work like that.

Its one of my favorite knives but not without cons. The carbon fiber has alot of voids. For the price I don't see a problem and they do have it in micarta instead for cheaper. You can get the blade coated or not. My black blade wears a little after alot of cutting and it's a user so I'm fine with that. The pocket clip while amazing in pocket is a bit small and thin and also protruding. So if you rub up against something it can be annoying. And I'm not into glass breakers. I think it can be removed but haven't tried to find out as it's not that bad.

Its small in the pocket for its size. It has a great grip. It's action is wicked awesome even tho it's a backlock. And I love having something different. The grind is tall so it goes through cardboard well. The steel while like D2 is easier to sharpen and keeps an edge about the same. I would coat the blade with edci or oil just incase if you don't get the pvd coating. I've heard varied stories on corrosion resistance... But no trouble on mine but I keep it dry mostly and it's pvd so it resists a little anyways.

I'll post some links later but I got a bunch of vids and pics of it on my Instagram.

Also have a carbon fiber Anax from microtech. The carbon fiber integral handle is leaps and bounds better quality. Great weave and no voids. The action is great for finger flicking. The blade grind is Not my style but it's a collector piece I guess. I don't use it.

I like the majority of integrals. Saw the new we knives one and I'm not interested in the slightest. It looks nice but that's about it. Plus I'm not into knives that are Tc4 ti and marketed falsely as usa grade 5 when it anos completely different than usa equivalent.

I don't really put them in the same quality level as Reate or CRK their prices are usually lower so it is to be expected that the quality particularly of the F&F is not at the same level. I have been impressed with what I have of theirs and what I have handled of theirs particularly for the prices being asked or the prices I have paid. I too am interested in the TM1 not sure if I would want the Micarta or CF model I think in some ways I prefer the look of the Micarta on this to the CF. My only concern is the weight I have seen it listed as 4.8oz up to 5.1 oz does anyone know what the weight is and how much if any difference there is in the CF and Micarta in the weight?
I guess its just the impression i got from the various reviewers and all those quality award that lionsteels are getting( blade show 2018), that they are comparable to CRks in terms of build qualities. i'm not even sure its better than my ZTs. Its not bad don't get me wrong, i'm just a little unsure its deserving when it compete against the like of the Reate Jack at this years blade show.

The weight definitely feel like a 5 oz knife,and its a little blade heavy too. The weight difference between the Micarta and CF is probably negligible.

Back