Let's go to the match(es)

I started to think back as when I first got to Okinawa in Dec 1961, every bar or restaurant had its own match box, with of course their name and address on it. After about a year I had bunch of those match boxes, then stopped picking them up, and put the ones I already had in a large cloth bag, might have been a laundry bag. I already had some stuff I was not using in the bag, but the top 4 or 5 inches was just match boxes. We had a big inspection and the inspecting officer reached into the bag, and pulled out a few of the match boxes, looked at the size of the bag, and said something like "Oh My Good, are these all match boxes?" I assured them that he only felt a thin layer on teh top, but in those days if I had hit every bar on the island, I probably could have filled the bag up. John

YU5hWxZ.jpg

Fiddl’n around the house this rainy morning, cleaning drawers, etc and I came across an unopened box I forgot all about, still had plastic wrapper on it. Sat down to post, first looked at the big auction site...whoa, an Anniversary TC, the prettiest of all TCs IMHO. While looking at it and its sizable “buy it now” price, it sold. Glad I have one already:upload_2020-4-4_10-55-48.jpeg

Never smoked a Macanudo but these matches rock.
The Macanudos I have had are very consistently good, generally mild but pleasant smokes. Cigar matches are longer than regular matches because you should light up the end, slowly rotating the cigar, before putting the cigar to your mouth. The cigar should ignite before you puff on it, ideally. One long match should be sufficient (unless you are in the wind).

Beautiful knives. Nice pic. :thumbsup:

Back