Lets see some Hinderer action

OFvJ5jg.jpg

Does anyone have a Firetac, first impressions? I only have one Hinderer and am thinking about expanding the inventory a little, that slip joint looks like a must have, I must get one.

Because of your posts showing this knife, I may have to pick one up. How’s the black DLC holding up? It looks like it’s holding up well. I prefer the battle black, but I can only find the black dlc at the moment.

The DLC is holding up pretty well on the blade itself, I've got a few light scratches through the DLC though. I've been using this knife with gloves at work, so it's worn on some of the high spots and edges of the handle. Anytime you are doing work with gloves and using a knife, that knife is going to see some wear from all the gunk on the gloves. Pick it up, this is my first experience with 20cv steel and I absolutely love it! It sharpens very easily, takes a mirror polish in a minute and holds that razor edge for quite a good while.

The DLC is holding up pretty well on the blade itself, I've got a few light scratches through the DLC though. I've been using this knife with gloves at work, so it's worn on some of the high spots and edges of the handle. Anytime you are doing work with gloves and using a knife, that knife is going to see some wear from all the gunk on the gloves. Pick it up, this is my first experience with 20cv steel and I absolutely love it! It sharpens very easily, takes a mirror polish in a minute and holds that razor edge for quite a good while.
Thanks for the info. I appreciate it. After reading your reply, I am thinking that any wear on the knife will just add some personality to it and make it more your own. I think I will have to pull the trigger and get one of those. Yours sure looks great.

This one should be in hand tomorrow! Needless to say, I'm really excited about it. Been eyeing the FDE bowies for a long time, and being full Ti with bronze hardware is just icing on the cake!
ep9m8Sa.jpg
This is my absolute favorite Hinderer blade shape. Wish a gen 5 would come out. I’d get one for sure. Yours is very nice by the way.

full brass conversion on my 3.5 xm18. cant wait till it starts to patina a bit.

IMG_8728.jpg

IMG_8729.jpg

IMG_8732.jpg

IMG_8733.jpg

IMG_8734.jpg

IMG_8735.jpg
I think you made it look much better with those add ons. The brass looks good on both sides and goes well with the G10 color.

Back