Lets see some Hinderer action

3” or 3.5” xm18 Which is best size for general and carrying for those who’ve had both?

3” or 3.5” xm18 Which is best size for general and carrying for those who’ve had both?
I love both. I think the 3.5” is more enjoyable to have bc of the feel and flipping it open and turning it up so it’ll close on its own weight. The 3” flips alright (mine flips great) can’t speak for others see a lot saying there’s doesn’t and it’s smooth but you have to push it all the way home.

Idk how much cutting edge you get on the 3” bc of the choil but on the 3.5 I think it’s 3.1.

If you have bigger hands than me the 3” may be a tad small it’s perfect for me but I have thin I guess medium hands bc a medium glove fits very snug.

The 3.5” isn’t heavy at all well balanced and feels pretty light. Is a little thick in your pocket but something you won’t notice unless you wear tight pants. The 3” may be my pick for general tasks as long as you don’t need more cutting edge but As far as owning and enjoying the 3.5” is my favorite best ergos I’ve ever felt in nearly every grip. More cutting edge and just more knife. Plus i like to sit around and flip and close my knives. The 3.5 is just the right size not too big or small.

I say get a 3.5” in maybe a slicer grind. I have a 3” Spanto and it’s not too thick and works well once a better edge is put on it but even tho it’s thin (for a Spanto) still not a great slicer on a continuous cut through material. Slicer and skinner work best from my experience. Spearpoint would probably be just as good too.

Well I’ve had a few but sold before used em much for various reasons but really hankering for another. Only had spantos and they didn’t seem to cut very well but were factory edges though

Spanto looks great but is only an adequate slicer I think but once it’s be re profiled it’s better but still not amazing or anything. Slicer comes from the factory with a good edge and works great and skinner is right behind it. 3” or 3.5” slicer would be my picks for actually cutting things with. They did just do a run of the gen 6 Skinners with the new pivot system

Yeah. The spanto is a beast with this edge. It will pry and chew up whatever still but -slices far better. The factory edge was horrible.

I found out recently that RHK does not replace blades . That is a bummer. But I've never used that service in the past anyway.

IMG_20180718_124832~2.jpg

deUgDXeh.jpg

Those r sweet X. Thanks. Do the 3” feels as capable and durable? Cause I feel like leaning towards the smaller.
I think so. Probably one of strongest built small knives. If you can get all 4 fingers on it and the choil fits your finger it’d be great. I Use it that way most of the time.

I’ve pretty much stopped buying guns because I’ve got too many (yes, that is a thing). The one I’ve been waiting to find is a Marlin 30/30 with a 3/4 length tube. I snagged one for a steal today, a model 30TK which was a K-Mart special from 1989-1990. It’s destined to be a suppressor host

I think it and my Hinderer Flashpoint are going to see a lot of time in the woods together. The Flashpoint is really a great neck knife and I’ve been carrying it a lot.

i.ashx

Back