Lets see some Hinderer action

Hinderer'er's :)

Just looking for a quick confirm. Will all Tri Way washers work on the Firetac as well? I understand the work on all other models, just wanting to confirm same on Firetac.

Please and thank you

Not sure about the washers, but XM bearings do not work in the Firetac.

These will work and they are absolutely amazing in the Firetac tri-way.

https://www.skiffmadeblades.com/col...bearing-br-pivot-3-16-bearing-1-16-in-11-ball

Those are nice, but im holding out for a chonky DLC Bowie. Gotta hold my ground...

Makes total sense to me.

i-v7rg5zq-X3.jpg

Roland.

Hm, not in the ones I usually browse. Thanks :thumbsup:

You are right, they are all gone. KC just released them yesterday.

On the bright side, even though they go quickly these days, there are now new releases every couple of weeks or so ...

You are right, they are all gone. KC just released them yesterday.

On the bright side, even though they go quickly these days, there are now new releases every couple of weeks or so ...
Ah, well there you go.
I've got a Skinny Spanto already anyway :p

Beautiful Hinderer. What is the finish on the handle and blade?

Thanks.

To be honest, I don’t know. This is a Franken-Hinderer, Gen6 handle with Gen4 blade running on PB washers. Flips hard and fast, like a Gen5. The FB Hinderer group would flame me for doing this :) Came out great, though.

Missed this post earlier. Thanks Bobby Dylberg Bobby Dylberg ! Wow..These look great. Just ordered :thumbsup:

Tha k you, again :)

Anytime! The Skiff bearings are just awesome. When I install them I gently snug the pivot down first then back it out by *teeny tiny* increments until I get the perfect closing action, whether drop shut or slow and steady depending on preference. I also use a tiny bit of the 222 loctite.

The size in my earlier post is perfect for the Firetac, the other size they have is now perfect for the 1/4" triways since they made a tiny OD reduction: these will work in the XM-18 (24 too I think but haven't tried), Eklipse, and Halftrack. They are often sold out but they restock frequently. Those can be found here: https://www.skiffmadeblades.com/col...earing-1-16-in-13-ball?variant=21436028780633

I'm not sure if anyone noticed this but why RHK polishes differently the area on the blade where the detent ball glide through. I am specifically talking about blades of working finish. You can see in the pictures below for the XM-18 that area is polished while for the Eklipse it is not. I actually see for the other two XM-18s I have/had, that area is not polished. I know they will break in but the smoothness of these knives is different due to that area being polished or unpolished.

P2KJ8vq.jpg

eb6cc38.jpg

Back