Lets see some Hinderer action

Just to put Blues Blues at ease :)

i-g9q8cD9-X3.jpg

How is that supposed to put me at ease, ferider ferider , you didn't give me an option on that one?!

Now you're just raising the anxiety level!!! 🤣

I wonder how many of you have tried XM-18 Skinner and what you think. This is the RHK grind that I thought I'd have the least interest of trying before finally pulling the trigger. This grind surprisingly grows on me quickly. To me, it is the most ergonomic grind among all RHK grinds (slicer, spanto, spear, bowie, and wharnie) that I have tried in the choked up position with the thumb naturally and comfortable resting/pushing on the blade spine.

By the way, Sharp Dressed Knives makes beautiful scales. The picture does not do adequate justice.

MxcNegR.jpg

Kks4E34.jpg

Nice job on the screws !

What did you use for the lock screw replacement, please ?
Thanks! The lock insert screw is a 4-40 torx 8 from Ti Connector. They usually only sell these in bulk but they are very cool over there so you might try emailing them.

The clip and filler tab screws are also from Ti Connector. Domed button head style .125 length.

Thanks! The lock insert screw is a 4-40 torx 8 from Ti Connector. They usually only sell these in bulk but they are very cool over there so you might try emailing them.

The clip and filler tab screws are also from Ti Connector. Domed button head style .125 length.
Thanks, Bobby. I already use the same clip/filler screws, BTW, see my posts above :)

Am I correct that the horsehead ti scales were sold directly by RHK and they never hit dealers? Wish I could grab one or two.

I wonder how many of you have tried XM-18 Skinner and what you think. This is the RHK grind that I thought I'd have the least interest of trying before finally pulling the trigger. This grind surprisingly grows on me quickly. To me, it is the most ergonomic grind among all RHK grinds (slicer, spanto, spear, bowie, and wharnie) that I have tried in the choked up position with the thumb naturally and comfortable resting/pushing on the blade spine.

By the way, Sharp Dressed Knives makes beautiful scales. The picture does not do adequate justice.
The Skinner and Spanto are my favorite blades from them. The 3” Skinner is an excellent EDC knife in my opinion.
Hinderer_XM-18_Skinners_20MAR2021_2048_Pixel_10.jpg

Back