1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 33 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Boker 732 Urban Trapper

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Boker 732 Urban Trapper , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, August 17 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Lets see some Hinderer action

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by marcus52AR, Aug 19, 2016.

1. ChazzyP

ChazzyP Platinum Member Platinum Member

Dec 27, 2014
    The XM 24 got cross-country in a hurry. It came with a nice brown MonkeyEdge frag scale installed but the original orange which came with it just called to me so I changed it out. It sure is a pretty easy swap out and another thing to like about Hinderers. Judging from the stop-pin location, which engages at the front of the choil, I figure this must be a Gen 3. I was prepared for this baby to be big, but it is SERIOUSLY BIG! I like it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Bobby3326

Bobby3326

Mar 16, 2013
    I bought a g10 mp1...i liked it a lil...but it couldn't kick the xms out of my pocket...ended up getting rid of it. [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
  3. Joe Manco

Joe Manco

Jul 6, 2016
    On a plane heading home after being without any of my knives for almost 2 weeks. Can't wait to get back to this one.
    [​IMG]
    And this one, and this one, and this one...
    [​IMG]

4. Mike-The-Knife

Mike-The-Knife

Dec 6, 2011
    Some very nice knives you guys :thumbup: I'm a big fan of the Hinderer design , although I don't own one , yet .

The ZT 0566 has been my EDC for the past couple of years since I lost my trusty Spyderco on a camping trip . I guess the fear of that happening again is what keeps me carrying the ZT instead of buying the Hinderer .

5. palonej

palonej Platinum Member Platinum Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Oh baby!!!
    Super sweet Steve!!! Enjoy it!!
    Damn bro......that is one fine looking knife!!!
    [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]
    Joe

6. jpadia

jpadia KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 15, 2010
    So that's where all the micarta scales ended up! Those look great. I wish I could've found maroon or burgandy.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

7. arskrg

arskrg Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 15, 2011
    Hey Whitty, I sent you a PM on facebook yesterday with a question about an MP-1 and anodizing. It might be in your "message requests" folder or something.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
  8. WhiteShampoo

WhiteShampoo Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 30, 2016
    Anyone know if Hinderer offers black XM18 3.5" liners for individual sells?

9. whitty

whitty Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Aug 25, 2005
    I am not finding it anywhere. Shoot me an email to [email protected] and I will get right back to you.

10. WhiteShampoo

WhiteShampoo Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 30, 2016
    [​IMG]

Changed some scales tonight-- textured carbon fiber on the non-flipper slicer and blackwash titanium on the fatty harpoon. Beauty and the Beast.

11. matt009au

matt009au

Apr 23, 2009
    [​IMG]

12. straitr

straitr Gold Member Gold Member

May 29, 2011
    Thanks!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. whitty

whitty Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Aug 25, 2005
    A group shot with some of my favorite ZTs!

[​IMG]

14. d762nato

d762nato Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 16, 2009
    While I like Hinderers xm18 and 24 spanto's a lot, I'd like them better with no choil. I missed out on one for sale recently. I'm not sure why you don't see them come up fs much. Nice pics folks, :thumbup:

15. d762nato

d762nato Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Awesome group of Hinderers right here now, and a folder with no stinking choil! Nice!! :cool::D

16. Joe Manco

Joe Manco

Jul 6, 2016
    I have a full stonewash for sale on the Hinderer buy/sell FB group. I'll be posting it here today. You can still get them new from DLT Trading but only in Battle blue or battle bronze.

17. RiverRat84

RiverRat84

Sep 21, 2011
    Just got a fatty harpoon today and had to slap some "bling" on her.
    [​IMG]
    With her lil' sis.
    [​IMG]

18. Barman1

Barman1 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 21, 2013
    I found a place to put those 3.0 copper bits after placing the wrong order last week.
    Now I'm looking forward to some patina. [emoji106]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

19. Bobby3326

Bobby3326

Mar 16, 2013
    Just got the newly dropped vgm crusader filler tab yesterday. While it looked ok i wanted to make it a closer match...a lil 400 grit sand paper to remove the vgm finish, am over night soak in vinegar to lightly darken it (it didn't do much, not sure what steel they use on these)

It's alot better now but will be damn near a perfect match once i stonewash it.

Before
    [​IMG]

After
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

20. arskrg

arskrg Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 15, 2011
    DLT Trading still has a few left if you're OK paying retail. I liked them so much that I bought 3 or 4 from there.
    Looks like they only have battle blue and battle bronze left.
    Both of those finishes are beautiful.
    I had 6 at one time, but I'm down to a battle bronze, a battle black, and a DLC.
    It would be hard to pick one as my favorite.
    Here's a couple pics of the blue, maybe that'll encourage you to grab one from DLT...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]