Let's see some Survival knife concepts !!!

Why does Pitdog have a part of his knife especially made for cutting nuts?

How many people does he find on the trail that need to be eunuchs?

TF
Have you ever been to Vancouver Island? There are a lot of nuts running around.
I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'...:D

along these lines?

knives-becksmbeckknifecomparison.jpg

PICT1719.jpg

KEmSAT,

Do you think that it might help to move that fire drill depression closer to the front of the grip for better balance?

DancesWithKnives

This is one of my favorites. Small enough to have with you, but big enough to be usefull.

2rc9vsx.jpg

This is one of my favorites. Small enough to have with you, but big enough to be usefull.

2rc9vsx.jpg

I couldn't agree more. Is the background included in the sale of one of these?
That would make a perfect survival kit.:thumbup:

I couldn't agree more. Is the background included in the sale of one of these?
That would make a perfect survival kit.:thumbup:

Yes, and the price is only $700! Actually that rifle is gone, part of getting rid of ones I don`t shoot anymore.

Sorry for the primitive drawing, there is only so much I can do with MS Paint. The idea here is a welded pommel that can be used as a hammer or crusher, splitting wood can be a lot easier with a few wedges made out of wood, you can make a decent plank that way. The center of the blade point is the axis of the handle so spinning the blade like a drill would be centered in your hand.

2517757850033885154S600x600Q85.jpg
]

Today's mail brought my RC5... very impressive! Here it is with previous iterations of the same theme... 'Bushcraft-heavy' - survival!

IMG_3518.jpg

I think it fills the bill nicely. The LMFII fails due to the serrations - I just don't like them. The KaBar, actually my Dad's old WWII knife and not the new one shown, was my camping/bushcrafting/survival knife for years... it is still a useful design. The Buck is just neat - and inexpensive. I have plenty of good examples for hiking/'bushcraft-lite' and real 'bushcraft'; Bark Rivers, Bucks, Marbles, etc. Now I have a decent real 'survival' knife.

I like the 4.5-5" size - basic large drop point and a .25" or larger thickness CS blade. I would leave the thumb notches clean - for firesteel use, much more important than a fire bow bearing point. Canvas Micarta, shaped like, gads, can I speak the name... a Busse 'Magnum' grip, would be ideal. Perhaps I'll get out some rasps and have at my new RC5. I like Sharpshooter leather sheaths - I'd try to use one he makes, too. The RC-5 is pretty close to what I want. I am quite happy with it - after a whole three hours - it really is what I'd design - maybe clean those notches... maybe leave it as-is!

Stainz

Here is one I have been toying with for awhile. Steel I envision for it would be 52100. Still need to do some tweaking here and there

knife2.jpg

KEmSAT,

Do you think that it might help to move that fire drill depression closer to the front of the grip for better balance?

DancesWithKnives

I had thought about that one too. That's a big blade to have the divot in the center of the handle.

The design:

SARsquatch3.gif

Reality (version 4):

sieglesar-4-2.jpg

Current version:

sieglesar-4-3.jpg

Bill Siegle did a GREAT job on this'n :thumbup: !!

Back