Let's see those Hog Badger pics

This one came nice and thin behind the edge. I passed it across a croc stick about 10 times per side and its beyond shaving now (came plenty sharp on its own). It feels like a hybrid between the SOB, BOSS JACK and RMD with a very thin handle. Seems like its going to be a go to user from now on. The Handle reminds me of an old stock GSO as well (in size to blade ratio). Im happy as hell with this not so little knife right now. Wish I had ordered two.

HOG BADGER!!!!!!!!!!!!

This one came nice and thin behind the edge. I passed it across a croc stick about 10 times per side and its beyond shaving now (came plenty sharp on its own). It feels like a hybrid between the SOB, BOSS JACK and RMD with a very thin handle. Seems like its going to be a go to user from now on. The Handle reminds me of an old stock GSO as well (in size to blade ratio). Im happy as hell with this not so little knife right now. Wish I had ordered two.

HOG BADGER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pics, pics, pics or it didn't happen :). Damn, at least I ordered two ;). They're ready to ship but I need a few more bucks before I can pay the bill :(. I'll get it by Mon.

I just ordered leather pants from Patriot leather works. This blade is very close in size to my Fallkniven A1 so I ordered a sheath with those size dimensions. The Hog Badger is going to be a solid all around performer.

View attachment 939111 My Hog Badger just arrived. The fit and finish are top shelf. The Satin finish is beautiful. There is a small micro texture to the g10 handles and I must say that I really like the feel of the scales. I wish the scales were a touch thicker but the blade is so well balanced, it’s should not cause me any problems. Coated versions will feel thicker in hand. I might send it in for liners in the future.

The Hog Badger looks to be a solid belt knife. It feels light, nimble and the blade geometry appears to be perfect. I never sell a Busse, so it’s found a permanent home with me.

How does it feel in hand compared to the RMD?

Man the hog handle looks smaller than the RMD am I correct in saying that? Maybe it's just a bad angle. Can someone please post a direct comparison with a side by side without any angles?

The RMD handle is taller but the HB handle is a touch thicker. I have medium sized hands with short fat fingers. While the handle is on the smaller side, it’s not an issue for me. A person with large paws might feel differently. If the RM handles are to small for you, the HG will Probably pose the same problem. I will eventually get some liners on this model in the future. I love the blade profile and it will be on my hip during hikes.

The RMD handle is taller but the HB handle is a touch thicker. I have medium sized hands with short fat fingers. While the handle is on the smaller side, it’s not an issue for me. A person with large paws might feel differently. If the RM handles are to small for you, the HG will Probably pose the same problem. I will eventually get some liners on this model in the future. I love the blade profile and it will be on my hip during hikes.

Thanks for the info. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

The hog badger fits well in a jre sheath. I have a couple jre sheaths that came with BHK 5" blades and they fit great. I'll try to taken a pic today

Too small for me. It's a little thin. Not too bad but at the price point and size point, there are better options for me

8C6F87C4-DCC0-42AA-8904-88B23E0FB6CE.jpeg 11CF53D1-1D42-4BC5-949B-10D667B6136E.jpeg C44CE6BD-4C19-44F3-AF33-78809F1AC7FF.jpeg

Hog badger handle size compared to a DS6 & Boss Street.

The handle is kind of slim in height and width. I’ve got L/XL hands and it has plenty of room , it’s not a lot to hold on to though. I don’t plan on using it for anything other than carving and general utility tasks so the handle will do. I could see some feeling that the handles could use a little more heft.

Good blade geometry though ! Definitely a small / medium work horse of a knife.

Last edited:
I’m really looking forward to this one :) Pics look great thanks to everyone for sharing :)

I’ll try to get out on a short hike this week with the HB and take a few pics. I am impressed with the edge geometry. It’s tough enough to handle anything I’d use it for but balanced really well and cuts effectively. Hope to get the leather for it by months end.

Last edited:
Back