Let's see those Hog Badger pics

“dduangrat”

I’d say that’s all in the coating. Almost like it didn’t bond correctly ? I’d contact the shop and I’m sure they’ll take care of it. I wonder if your located somewhere seeing summer temps if that could affect it ? I’m just thinking if it didn’t bond correctly I’d bet heat would bubble it. But I’m just guessing at this as I’ve never seen that in a coating.

The black coating seems to be really thick compared to their desert sage. I really do want to keep it. Hopefully the repairs/fix won't take months.

Last edited:
The black coating seems to be really thick compared to their desert sage. I really do want to keep it. Hopefully the repairs/fix won't take months.
It’s just my opinion but I’ve always felt the black looked / felt the thickest. If you contact the shop ASAP I’m sure turnaround time will be kept to a minimum
Or go ahead and use it, Busse’s warranty has you covered :)

Well...I surprised myself - no satin on this one, I guess I was on the CG kick when I ordered because of the beautiful combos I experimented with on the TGA2's...so only CG, and I am very happy with what I got. I always know what do do if I want to take their clothes off! I cannot say enough about the muddy brown and green combo...the blue and tan looks killer in person, although it is about as far into left field as I venture in coating colors. I was very taken with it on a TGA2M I gave to a bud...

These handles fit my hands perfectly - size 9 glove. and I like the thinner profile overall for belt or packing...

6NfmGfrl.jpg

DckHXUHl.jpg

xaaf9Xjl.jpg

FSfqs9Tl.jpg

5mr9VvCl.jpg

762NwZcl.jpg

A2trgiVl.jpg

imlASool.jpg

ZvHt4Btl.jpg

17JRiTWl.jpg

53cDaqGl.jpg

“dduangrat”

I’d say that’s all in the coating. Almost like it didn’t bond correctly ? I’d contact the shop and I’m sure they’ll take care of it. I wonder if your located somewhere seeing summer temps if that could affect it ? I’m just thinking if it didn’t bond correctly I’d bet heat would bubble it. But I’m just guessing at this as I’ve never seen that in a coating.

I have experienced maybe 2 blades, old school and new with what look to be like a pool of coating was in a particular spot, almost like a mini blob after someone picked up the icing tube and there was a extra bit of coating in a drop like pattern.

Not sure what that has to do with any of the science or process of the coating, I have just seen it before. Coated blades always Mic thicker than satin or BBDC as I believe the measurements are taken off of uncoated blades (stock thickness). I believe that is why there are so many of the same knives with different mic'ed thicknesses...the metal underneath is the same stock and no way to "mic" through the coating...

And different thicknesses in the batter would account for the more "radical swings", like a .26" TG when the stock is really .25"...

My thoughts...

Well...I surprised myself - no satin on this one, I guess I was on the CG kick when I ordered because of the beautiful combos I experimented with on the TGA2's...so only CG, and I am very happy with what I got. I always know what do do if I want to take their clothes off! I cannot say enough about the muddy brown and green combo...the blue and tan looks killer in person, although it is about as far into left field as I venture in coating colors. I was very taken with it on a TGA2M I gave to a bud...

These handles fit my hands perfectly - size 9 glove. and I like the thinner profile overall for belt or packing...

6NfmGfrl.jpg

DckHXUHl.jpg

xaaf9Xjl.jpg

FSfqs9Tl.jpg

5mr9VvCl.jpg

762NwZcl.jpg

A2trgiVl.jpg

imlASool.jpg

ZvHt4Btl.jpg

17JRiTWl.jpg

53cDaqGl.jpg

Awesome pics! Dyamn now I'm drooling, those look amazing!

Also - on the Hog Badgers, something about the Busse logo makes these guys look extremely clean.

“COPIOUS”

Thanks for the pics :) those color combos look great !!!

Thanks bubs - they both look really great to me. That blue and tan really has an alluring quality to it in my opinion and i like the MO look of the muddy/green tan/sage combos as well.

I'm seeing some great color combos guys but I gotta be honest, I can't wait to see me some strippers ;)

My Battle Grade has landed. Will post pics when I get off work. This is going to be the loooooongest work day ever.

Back