Let's see your Becker bags

Man...I still remember rockin' the original Camelbak when I was in the Navy. Those must've came out abooooout....'94-ish.

No kidding? Is my bag that old? I had a hard time finding any kind of reviews on it online, so I took a chance buying it. It was clean, no tears, and no wear marks. Almost looked right out of the box.
Very happy with it as a first day pack, but looking to upgrade to something a little later as $$ permits.

Here's an Ol' Bag I keep around. Been with me for 16yrs. Its worn but still holds up pretty good for day hikes.

Moose

You sir, are a braver man than I!
Then again, I really hate sleeping on the couch...

This is my urban survival bag, the Chrome Metropolis. Being constructed from 18oz truck tarp inner and cordura outer makes it waterproof. The belt buckle lets you drop heavy loads without having to lift the bag over your head and has an integrated bottle opener. There are all sorts of mounting options and the volume is 40L. Made in the USA. Next thing to be done is to sew on my Becker patches.

7143108807_6d6c8a7e9f.jpg

6997027580_97d2962444.jpg

7143115969_138b3cc354.jpg

Hey G, is that a satellite phone or a SPOT that's in that pocket in front of the knife?

Garmin GPS 60CSx.

I've seen this before from you, sweet set up. Is it heavy? Comfortable to carry for long periods of time?

Fits me well. I'll try to get a few pics with it riding weak side and cross-strapped.

That's how I carry it.
Strap on the right shoulder, bag just off the left hip.
From there, it's really all about attitude. Like this guy...

purse+model.jpg

Just picked up that Camelbak Uproar for $36 shipped from a site called GearX

I'll get some pics up soon, got my BK6 lashed down to my Kelty Coyote 80. Wanted something bug out / camping, think the 80 is just to much for little ol me, maybe a 60.

I'm using the Camelback Hawg with the water pack. It's a great size to "Bug Out" and it has molle on the front to secure just about anything including two AR mag pouches.

My EDC:

it can be a messenger bag or a back pack. I got it on etsy, it's handmade, and has a water proof liner in it.
jtoUOl.jpg

lhzXil.jpg

twyQEl.jpg

work badge, pen, pencil, tea and sweetener packets
McGcVl.jpg

got a space saver cup, leatherman wave, platypus waterbag (have a full nalgene on my bike), black bag of goodies pictured later, lime green paracord, emergency toilet paper and wipes, the wallet with the hearts on it has my money and id and credit cards in it, the blue/purple bag is pictured later, glasses, notepad, bag of ziplock baggies and a contractor bag, hankie and electrical tape.
aEvkUl.jpg

the essentials! hair ties, chapstick, nail clippers, lotion, bandaids and neosporin, and a mint container with ibuprofen.
mko5Sl.jpg

KYNFQl.jpg

gugo3l.jpg

Nice setup, Captain Airyca... that's a sneaky looking bag too. The dark eraser on that pencil looked like a cigar at first (started salivating) then I read your list "pencil". Looks like you've got it all covered.

Eli

haha godspeed, no cigars for me ewww.

Here's the pack that I carry in my car, as a BOB/day hike/one night bag. It's not quite complete. I need to get a tarp that I like for it. And some dust masks, and I'd like to sew up some cloth bags to store things in and use for an impromptu pillow. I also need to spray paint my new waterbottle with that high heat paint so that it doesn't get all gross from the fire. and add snares, after I learn how to use snares. So much to do! I keep this bag in a rubbermaid tote so people can't see it along with a full set of clothes and a coat, a wool blanket. I have a second tote with car related tools and stuff like flares, jumper cables, emergency food, tarps stuff like that. I keep a couple of reuseable grocery bags to carry my spare set of clothes if I am escaping away somewhere quickly. oh and I'm going to add 2 way radios. anywho, pics, crappy cell phone pics but pics!

JnVT3l.jpg

bbl21l.jpg

a little unnecessary but I like having this grill around
k9Mv6l.jpg

solar charger for my cell phone in the top pouch
IgHOyl.jpg

front pouch
SqEGEl.jpg

contents:
YEKDdl.jpg

main pouch
I8fTzl.jpg

tFBFLl.jpg

Tc0MWl.jpg

theres a first aid kit in the altoid tin, mini survival kit in the other tin
TFqYXl.jpg

this is a box I got from Ethan, and it holds all of the shooting goodies and back up fire kit
alt7sl.jpg

fKLdhl.jpg

so yeah! just like sharing. I've been obsessed with EDC and packs lately

Back