Lets see your Cold Steel mods!!!

Used to be a half serrated tanto. Now plain edged spanto.
SHni2UV.jpg

It's cool, but what did you do?
I took a DLT 'green exclusive' Scout apart. Aside from the green 'grivex' scales: all the hardware is black. Then took the extra regular Scout I had in the collection, apart for it's black scales. Then, I created a black-version, just like Gravelface's.

g3il8yTh.jpg

QzAeDohh.jpg

After combining these two, this is the black-on-black hybrid version:

FLqzUqOh.jpg

That looks fantastic! Just one question: where's your opening mechanism?

Thanks.

It's still a manual opener. It opens easily with a flick of the wrist (my preferred method), but it can also be opened by thumbing the end of the blade (red arrow).

I wanted the cleanest, most streamline look possible so I ditched the thumbstud.

x6WEkRJ.jpg

Last edited:
I dig it. What did you fill the thumbstud hole with?

I used the aluminum mandrel from a "blind" pop-rivet the same diameter as the hole. The issue I faced was that one side of the screw hole is countersunk to accommodate the head of the screw. My hope was that the round head of the mandrel would fill out that space when hammered. But it turned out there wasn't enough material in the head to completely fill the space, as a result there's a small gap around the mandrel in the hole.

In one of the original pics I posted in the thread I linked, it looks like the mandrel is sticking out past the surface of the blade (pic 1 below), but it's an optical illusion. It's flush, but with a gap (pic 2). The other side of the hole/mandrel was easy to get completely flush and full.

G7Fsqzb.jpg

XZUrw1R.jpg

I took a DLT 'green exclusive' Scout apart. Aside from the green 'grivex' scales: all the hardware is black. Then took the extra regular Scout I had in the collection, apart for it's black scales. Then, I created a black-version, just like Gravelface's.

g3il8yTh.jpg

QzAeDohh.jpg

After combining these two, this is the black-on-black hybrid version:

FLqzUqOh.jpg
Very nice!

I used the aluminum mandrel from a "blind" pop-rivet the same diameter as the hole. The issue I faced was that one side of the screw hole is countersunk to accommodate the head of the screw. My hope was that the round head of the mandrel would fill out that space when hammered. But it turned out there wasn't enough material in the head to completely fill the space, as a result there's a small gap around the mandrel in the hole.

In one of the original pics I posted in the thread I linked, it looks like the mandrel is sticking out past the surface of the blade (pic 1 below), but it's an optical illusion. It's flush, but with a gap (pic 2). The other side of the hole/mandrel was easy to get completely flush and full.

G7Fsqzb.jpg

XZUrw1R.jpg
Whoa, that looks amazing!

CSLZMod.jpg

Trimmed and reshaped the scales on my Luzon to make a window breaker mod
Very cool, good idea. I would love to see someone create an improved pocket clip on the large Luzon. Personally I think it is the weakest point of the design.

Very cool, good idea. I would love to see someone create an improved pocket clip on the large Luzon. Personally I think it is the weakest point of the design.
Thanks

Agree on clip

I'm gonna try use a clip from a cheap knife or maybe some hard plastic to reinforce

Back