Let's see your good old basic fixed blades, Bowie's, Stickers, etc.

Show and Tell "not-at-work" today. ;)

IMG950126.jpg

Only one missing from the pic is my JK Knives Bluegill because it was in my hand. :rolleyes:
So very nice, Shawn, really. Thanks for sharing them.
- Stuart

Rehandle and regrind on this factory blade. Belongs to a Civil War reenactor and he wanted it to have some rusticity. So I didn't take out all the grind imperfections:

R6u17KJ.jpg

JroCRrp.jpg

GIj651T.jpg

Looks better in leather:

RHotzJr.jpg
Dang, Dave, both refinements are are significant improvements in warmth of style. Congratulations.
- Stuart

I like that photo of the Craftsman Bowie too. According to what I found it was their # 21627 model, with a 7 1/8 long blade. Schrade made a knife with the same blade, the #166 Buffalo Bill, but with a wooden handle. I prefer the look of the Craftsman, which is apparently carbon steel. Another knife I will have to watch for.
Dave, the wood on that re-handled knife is spectacular! John

Last edited:
That's nice, do you know if schrade ever produced this as an old timer model ?
They made a Buffalo Bill commemorative with a wooden handle (sweet), Buffalo Bill shield and Buffalo Bill etch. I do not have an image handy, but they are very knice.

They made a Buffalo Bill commemorative with a wooden handle (sweet), Buffalo Bill shield and Buffalo Bill etch. I do not have an image handy, but they are very knice.

Just googled it, definitely the same blade.
Doesn't seem like they made a standard OLD TIMER just version just like they made for Sears though.

Would a moderator kindly correct the spelling of an abbreviation in the heading of this thread from "ect" to "etc" (et cetera; it is latin)? Yeah... I know... anal.

I really dig the end-to-end symmetry of the B&T, Stuart! 6"OAL is a great size for pocket carry, and those chunky handles look like they offer great control.

Back