Let's see your good old basic fixed blades, Bowie's, Stickers, etc.

Got a couple of new ones in today. Added to the growing assortment from that particular maker.

qXUQf43.jpg

F0PjCbh.jpg

Great looking knives--who is the maker?

I’ve had this for probably 12-14yrs. First time I’ve posted it though bc don’t carry or use it as it was a gift from a family member. Blade is some type of carbon steel thats hollow ground to a very thin edge. Crown is from a deer my dad killed. Sweet scene he put on the blade. I’ve saw old handmade knives similar to this from 1800s must be an old traditional type of knife pattern that people use to make in the old days. 5F6446CB-94A6-4C70-BA06-4C1E381DC8D3.jpeg

I wish I could post pictures of my Ray Rantanen knife that came in today.
I think there's instructions in the stickies, or is it that the Rantanen not traditional enough for this sub-forum?

Faca de ponta my uncle brought back from Brazil after WWII. A trademark of the bandits of the arid uplands in northeastern Brazil.
JaCnARa.jpg

Sonoran Camp Knife. Largest standard model I make but its always a special order. This order included two sheaths. A vertical pancake and an SOB (small of the back) pancake, both oak leaf carved. The customer wanted red bone but we couldn't find any pieces big enough. We went with green instead:

wNTeOEv.jpg

cuorTBM.jpg

The SOB sheath:

U69PI2r.jpg

The Sonoran Camp Knife:

4gAgDxP.jpg

1Wjpbhy.jpg

Order was just about ready to ship and the guy called and said he needed a dress belt too. Got er done overnight and ready to go:

z27Pi32.jpg

Did I mention I HATE dyeing leather but well...... this guy has been a good customer for darn near 20 years.

Sonoran Camp Knife. Largest standard model I make but its always a special order. This order included two sheaths. A vertical pancake and an SOB (small of the back) pancake, both oak leaf carved. The customer wanted red bone but we couldn't find any pieces big enough. We went with green instead:

wNTeOEv.jpg

cuorTBM.jpg

The SOB sheath:

U69PI2r.jpg

The Sonoran Camp Knife:

4gAgDxP.jpg

1Wjpbhy.jpg

Order was just about ready to ship and the guy called and said he needed a dress belt too. Got er done overnight and ready to go:

z27Pi32.jpg

Did I mention I HATE dyeing leather but well...... this guy has been a good customer for darn near 20 years.

A thing of beauty Dave :) :thumbsup:

Anyone else picked up one of these Condor 'Low Drag's? First impressions are that I'm definitely going to find a use for this stout seven incher :thumbsup:

1SBoa8S.jpg

Also received a nice Herder Breakfast Knife in the mail today (like a big Butter Knife with a sharp edge), carbon steel and cherry wood. Not sure whether or not I got fleeced with this one, but on the rare occasions I'm able to take a relaxed breakfast, I thought I could think of my pal @herder while I'm splitting baguettes and buttering croissants :) :thumbsup:

f7fxJyH.jpg

Back