Let's see your good old basic fixed blades, Bowie's, Stickers, etc.

I like the Sportsman knives and have several. Here's an Imperial Hammer Brand c.1938-1941...
Os6x7Rp.jpg

The GEC H40 is reminiscent of those knives...
dp0f5Qg.jpg

I like the Sportsman knives and have several. Here's an Imperial Hammer Brand c.1938-1941...
Os6x7Rp.jpg

dp0f5Qg.jpg
Those could be a collection unto themselves. I understand that the steel in those Imperial/Colonial/Western/Camillus in that pattern was good and the price is generally right. I may have talked myself into it!

Os6x7Rp.jpg

dp0f5Qg.jpg
I have an Imperial I found with busted handle slabs that I need to restore. It also has some pitting and such but definitely is worth saving,I'm thinking about getting some elk antler from petco;)
The old Olean Cutlery I have in this pattern is great:cool::thumbsup:

I have an Imperial I found with busted handle slabs that I need to restore. It also has some pitting and such but definitely is worth saving,I'm thinking about getting some elk antler from petco;)
The old Olean Cutlery I have in this pattern is great:cool::thumbsup:
I don't remember if I posted this one, but here's an Imperial H6 I recently worked on.
Had a busted elk head plastic handle and a pretty rough blade.

Haven't made a sheath and carried it yet though.

Those could be a collection unto themselves. I understand that the steel in those Imperial/Colonial/Western/Camillus in that pattern was good and the price is generally right. I may have talked myself into it!
Yes, good steel, good price. Edge holding/sharpening leads me to believe 1095 with a good heat treat.

I've posted these before, but if we're talking about inexpensive old Sportsman's knives, don't forget about Kent. :):thumbsup: Made by Camillus for F.W.Woolworth.

bO9lG0J.jpg

Back