Let's see your good old basic fixed blades, Bowie's, Stickers, etc.

gT8NJoc.jpg

What country and rifle model ?
It's a French Gras bayonet, Gras being the officer who designed it. Model of 1874. On the spine I think it says. "Manufacture of (Works?) of St Etienne July 18?6." It looks like 1816, but can't be. Maybe it's Armory of St Etienne. I forget the rifle or rifles.
vClA7nM.jpg

It looks like maybe a Euro-style 7 with a crossbar.
I'll try looking up the serial number: 77050.

Last edited:
It's a French Gras bayonet, Gras being the officer who designed it. Model of 1874. On the spine I think it says. "Manufacture of (Works?) of St Etienne July 18?6." It looks like 1816, but can't be. Maybe it's Armory of St Etienne. I forget the rifle or rifles.
vClA7nM.jpg

It looks like maybe a Euro-style 7 with a crossbar.
I'll try looking up the serial number: 77050.
Cool, a French sabre bayonet for an 1874 Gras rifle.
Should be a single shot bolt action if I'm not mistaken.

The Rada tomato slicer (not pictured) is as sharp as all get-out, but a little flexible for Napa cabbage.
Looking at agricultural knives, I see that most of them aren't serrated. Maybe this thin, flat Frost's is just the thing. E-TN said it was a sliming knife for gutting fish. It was super cheap, so maybe being discontinued. Long ago.
0yDEdAD.jpg

The Dexter Great White Edge just in case I do need teeth. I don't know what the big one was made for, but it should sever the bases of broccoli faster than the loppers we've been using.

Nice to see you folks are eating well Dave ;) :thumbsup:

Thanks Jack! Brother Bill's menu for dinner was ribeye steaks, poatotes au gratin, asparagus and SPICY

PfN1w2P.jpg

shrimp! He took care of breakfast for the crew too. Scrambled eggs, bacon, biscuits and gravy and fried potatoes.

1y8jwSt.jpg

jyzx4yi.jpg

ScTd3ew.jpg

He used his Sonoran Hunter to split the biscuits for the biscuits and gravy.

gBmKV4s.jpg

Thanks Jack! Brother Bill's menu for dinner was ribeye steaks, poatotes au gratin, asparagus and SPICY

PfN1w2P.jpg

shrimp! He took care of breakfast for the crew too. Scrambled eggs, bacon, biscuits and gravy and fried potatoes.

1y8jwSt.jpg

jyzx4yi.jpg

ScTd3ew.jpg

He used his Sonoran Hunter to split the biscuits for the biscuits and gravy.

gBmKV4s.jpg

LOL! :D Looks fantastic :) You take incredible pics my friend :) :thumbsup:

LOL! :D Looks fantastic :) You take incredible pics my friend :) :thumbsup:

Thank you sir! Breakfast had to wait a little as we were missing 40 percent of the herd when we gathered the day prior. Course we get there early for breakfast and lo and behold there's the cattle. So get my crew horseback and they go get em. I didn't go as my daughter's horse was stoved up from the hard ride the day before so I loaned her my horse. Anyhoo here they come with the vast majority right away. Those five or six we could see turned out to be about 35 head or so.

nWUj3K4.jpg

Ally coming in riding my filly and with Nickel part of my son's "The Wolfpack":

Utvhwo3.jpg

Last four we could see way up on the ridge behind camp. My crew went and got around em and brought em down. Right at the gate they tried to make a break for it but Jane, the leader of the three members of The Wolfpack present and on command, put an end to that:

QqfxAkc.jpg

wgFDglE.jpg

VF819DB.jpg

G3pJSeD.jpg

Got these two batches all counted and now it was time for breakfast, well kinda a cowboy brunch. Dang near eleven.

Last edited:
Thank you sir! Breakfast had to wait a little as we were missing 40 percent of the herd when we gathered the day prior. Course we get there early for breakfast and lo and behold there's the cattle. So get my crew horseback and they go get em. I didn't go as my daughter's horse was stoved up from the hard ride the day before so I loaned her my horse. Anyhoo here they come with the vast majority right away. Those five or six we could see turned out to be about 35 head or so.

nWUj3K4.jpg

Ally coming in riding my filly and with Nickel part of my son's "The Wolfpack":

Utvhwo3.jpg

Last four we could see way up on the ridge behind camp. My crew went and got around em and brought em down. Right at the gate they tried to make a break for it but Jane, the leader of the three members of The wolfpack present and on command, put an end to that:

QqfxAkc.jpg

wgFDglE.jpg

VF819DB.jpg

G3pJSeD.jpg

Got these two batches all counted and now it was time for breakfast, well kinda a cowboy brunch. Dang near eleven.

It looks like you all earned your breakfast Dave. Thanks for another great post buddy :) :thumbsup:

Back