Let's see your good old basic fixed blades, Bowie's, Stickers, etc.

Böker Nessimi Pro
G3s5jdC.jpg

Great knives!:cool::thumbsup:
I had a Coldsteel recon tanto from about 1997 until I gave it to my nephew about 4 years ago. Coldsteel may have some goofy products but those old CarbonV knives was tough! I beat on that thing like it owed me money like a kid in his teens and early 20s is apt to do, and it just took it. Honestly the only other knife I've found that is that kind of stupid tough is the Gerber strongarm. Thats why its attached to my "get outta dodge" bag,after extensive use and abuse to prove itself of course. :thumbsup:
I gave a Marine buddy one of those Recon Tantos back in the day.
He was a Force Recon. Marine, actually one of the first to be assigned to SOCOM.
I'm sure he put that knife through fifty kinds of hell. I know he always had it out in the field.

This one belonged to my wife's Grandfather. Her mom recently found it in the bottom drawer of his gun cabinet. Put away in the sheath some 30 odd years ago. Good example of why you don't store knives in the sheath. The Marbles Gladstone stamp is partially obliterated by pitting. I recently cleaned it up enough to shut the rust down.

RYfrSI4.jpg

Cold Steel OSS Subhilt Fighter. With an 8 1/4" blade, I had purchased this as a feral hog sticker (with the Taurus Judge's .45 LC/.410 slugs as back-up). After I got close to some feral hogs, I bought a longer blade.
What did you replace it with?
RqHwuE5.jpg

- Stuart

@Old Hunter reminded me of this one this morning (his is nicer, mine was probably cheaper).
OzA0HCL.jpg

The sheath is made of a bit of old briefcase, and the handle is eked out with a couple bits of old belt. The tang was bent, but was drawn soft enough that I could straighten it in a vise.
That's paste wax on the blade.
I love the handles on these old Kabars. Plenty of length to them, and the little finger grooves tell you where your edge is without dictating your grip.

Being partial to Camillus made knives.(I don't know Why)And Yellow Jackets in particular. I set off on a hunt for a Yello-Jaket fixed blade. Well here it is. Small little fella. I believe it was towards the end of Camillus because of the Western sheath.
Any thoughts would be nice.
D0349E8F-BC9C-4923-8F80-A5B7BB315B7E.jpeg

B0C8F367-E371-49E7-AE2B-D7B230F2CC7B.jpeg

DFB0F5AE-8CE2-413F-87E1-EAB60E1CF7D9.jpeg

Hey invoice matey- I know why you are partial to Camillus Knives- because they make outstanding Knives my friend - I didn't know that they made a Fixed Blade Yellow Jacket- so there you go!

Back