Let's see your good old basic fixed blades, Bowie's, Stickers, etc.

Thanks. I couldn't believe this one was real for a while, at $30. I guess their fame hadn't yet preceded them to Westmoreland, NY.
I acted as a consultant for the UK importer of Brusletto knives in the 1990's, and so had quite a bit of contact with the company, being given a number of their knives, all of which I found very good. They used to be excellent value, and in fact a British custom maker, who was quite well-known at the time, used to buy Brusletto blades, grind off the name, haft them, and sell them as his own. Over the years, I gifted all the Brusletto knives I had, the last two in giveaways here, but I picked one up at a market a while back, which I haven't done anything with :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

MJyHdpr.jpg

While I was over in York yesterday, visiting the Jorvik Viking Festival, I picked up a small Seax, I have had on order from a local maker, Jorgencraft, since the end of last year :) Forged blade, Bog Oak handles. It was nice to be handed it in person by Monika, the wife of the bladesmith, Jacek Robotka, who does all the leather work. Jacek, who I met at the last festival, just before the 2020 lockdown here, was off exploring, but I did see him later. I'm pleased with the Seax :) :thumbsup:

h7tt9Gs.jpg

c57Trge.jpg

eLHmtAz.jpg

XeAPgsY.jpg

LnJfJnU.jpg

While I was over in York yesterday, visiting the Jorvik Viking Festival, I picked up a small Seax, I have had on order from a local maker, Jorgencraft, since the end of last year :) Forged blade, Bog Oak handles. It was nice to be handed it in person by Monika, the wife of the bladesmith, Jacek Robotka, who does all the leather work. Jacek, who I met at the last festival, just before the 2020 lockdown here, was off exploring, but I did see him later. I'm pleased with the Seax :) :thumbsup:

h7tt9Gs.jpg

c57Trge.jpg

eLHmtAz.jpg

XeAPgsY.jpg

LnJfJnU.jpg

Beautiful. And so's the knife.

Back