Let's see your good old basic fixed blades, Bowie's, Stickers, etc.

Thanks Sarah... I knew that with the thick handle and fat blade it may not have fit many ready made front pocket sheaths. Glad that this sharpshooter sheath worked out.

Thanks Sarah... I knew that with the thick handle and fat blade it may not have fit many ready made front pocket sheaths. Glad that this sharpshooter sheath worked out.

It looks like one of KSF's Pocono sheaths (I have two, and like them very much)...? I know Sharpshooter makes many of their sheaths. Is this a KSF sheath, or something different?

Also, is the fixed-blade portion darker due to wet-forming, or have you done something more?

(I know, I know-- so many questions! :D)

~ P.

I just picked up these Josh RGs in the exchange:
9D165193-4329-4F77-B718-7FB6A2B95C82_zpsu7v9cfwh.jpg

It looks like one of KSF's Pocono sheaths (I have two, and like them very much)...? I know Sharpshooter makes many of their sheaths. Is this a KSF sheath, or something different?

Also, is the fixed-blade portion darker due to wet-forming, or have you done something more?

(I know, I know-- so many questions! :D)

~ P.

Got this from the big River online shopping site. The Glacier. It has only one pocket. It's just mineral oil on the sheaths...but I did the knife sheath part inside and out. I am sure it will lighten up eventually, like the flat section. Although I did this the previous night (actually early am ) . I like the look and may try some leather dye on it. Cheers:thumbup:

I don't suppose I'm the only one to wonder which knife I should grab if it had to be the only one.
For me, it would probably be all of these plus. SOG, Ka-Bar Marine hunter, Pal RH36.
I need a bug-out steamer trunk on bicycle wheels. Or a bug-out pick-up truck. That's it.
7M8naUKS

12814098_10153225853051601_7125010717023687824_n.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGrGA652qRk

Ok heres a teaser of something I've been working on, not finished but its sambar stag, 5160 steel, titanium guard (6AL4V) and leather sheath with wood core coming up. I have been MIA for the better part of a couple years due to life (not in a good way but whatever), hopefully I'll be around a little more LOL

I love how the grind mimics the fuller on that one Robert. Looks like it'll make one tough knife!

I don't have a lot of fixed blades one M7 bayonet and a Mark 1 navy I'm very fond of.
Dad had two old knives a PAL RH-38 and this one. I don't know any thing about it. He kept it in a sheath marked US M8 but I'm sure it's not the correct sheath. The knife has no name or markings at all. One of those mystery knives.

Unknown_zpsdeyq9m9p.jpg

I love how the grind mimics the fuller on that one Robert. Looks like it'll make one tough knife!

Thanks, I am building this one for tough rigidity...the stock material is .324" with a lot of deep weight reduction. Started life at 4lb and got it down to 1.02lb not including the guard or handle.

I don't have a lot of fixed blades one M7 bayonet and a Mark 1 navy I'm very fond of.
Dad had two old knives a PAL RH-38 and this one. I don't know any thing about it. He kept it in a sheath marked US M8 but I'm sure it's not the correct sheath. The knife has no name or markings at all. One of those mystery knives.

Unknown_zpsdeyq9m9p.jpg

The sheath is a vietnam era bayonet sheath for the M16. :)

I think both of these comply, they may only be 30+ years old but the style is that of a traditional in both cases so here's my submission.

L7aMAzP.jpg

The sheath is a vietnam era bayonet sheath for the M16. :)

Thanks, Robert.B
I recognized the sheath from experience.

It's the knife that's a bit of a mystery, when I think back on it I remember dad made a knife back in the 60's. Or at least before I would remember why it was made. That would explain the lack of markings. It's been used but I don't remember him using it. For the most part it was always stored, so I never saw it much. He worked in a tool & die shop that built a lot of Tools & prototype gizmos back on those days. So all the tools & resources needed and then some were there. What I don't know is if he made it for himself to use or if it was a prototype for some company somewhere.

Either way it's priceless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGrGA652qRk

Ok heres a teaser of something I've been working on, not finished but its sambar stag, 5160 steel, titanium guard (6AL4V) and leather sheath with wood core coming up. I have been MIA for the better part of a couple years due to life (not in a good way but whatever), hopefully I'll be around a little more LOL

I was about to tell you that my daughter has that symbol tattooed above her hip. I caught the name on the video so I figured you knew what it was :D

I was about to tell you that my daughter has that symbol tattooed above her hip. I caught the name on the video so I figured you knew what it was :D

haha yeah I'm making my own version of Hagrids bowie that he's wearing in the movies when he's teaching the mythical beasts class...total nerd out! :D

Back