Let's see your Scout/Camp knives

Awesome stuff, Phil. You have a great collection. I’ve tried for a couple of those Ulser BSA’s, but haven’t yet managed to land one in within my price range. Someday.

You’re 10th Mountain Division is absolutely exquisite. The condition is so much better than most of the ones you normally see. I just made a purchase of one, and am waiting for it to be shipped overseas.

I love your Sportmesser, Case and Camillus C4. As many people here know, the C4 is one of the great knife loves of my life. Probably my favorite ever scout blade configuration. I’ve carried mine a ton!

The Camillus .30-06 Cartridge utility:
nie3MIQ.jpg

Phil, you’ve posted some nice knives but I am extremely jealous of this one!!!

I got the 10th Mountain Division knife from Jim Sargent at the fall AGCA gun show in Birmingham, AL. He's gone now, but his family still carries on in the knife business I think. They were present at the fall gun show 2018. I miss stopping by and talking to Sargent about knives for a few minutes; few people are as knowledgeable about pocket knives and collecting as he was.

Nice knife Taylor, that's definitely the Ulster scout model that originated as one of the RJ Reynolds Prince Albert Tobacco knives. Even though they were made by Ulster they carried the Old Timer name. The scout was the 114OT model. These weren't the original Old Timers but they are believed to be largely responsible for making Old Timers an everyday name. Albert Baer was a knife selling wizard and landed the contract with Sears when he owned Schrade and Ulster. He later had a hand in Camillus making knives for them too. Cool scout you have!

View attachment 1048540
I had to follow your lead Kevin:)
tLOpfL.jpg

I had to wait on the Scout:thumbsup:
ttf5MN.jpg

G7ITvH.jpg

xeDD10.jpg

Back