• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Let's talk about the latest Northwoods buying process

I popped in. Couldn't justify spending the dough. Really enjoying the last run (fayette I think). These didn't tickle me the same way. But that mammoth was nice looking, congrats to the members that scored!

There was some nice Giraffe bone on there and almost abandon ship on the mammoth . But stuck to my guns and got this little jewel :thumbsup: Only the second knife I’ve ever owned in mammoth and wouldn’t you know the first one I got was from KSF I mean KFC :p
gtRQVML.jpg

You are so funny. Every time you say you're going to pass and never do. haha:)I understand though.:thumbsup:

Thanks to everyone who played. I am sorry that they go so quickly that people don't always get what they wanted. We are working on a solution...it has been a long time that we have been working on it....hopefully soon. :)

Learn from others and don't try to reinvent the wheel. No matter what you do, how much you spend/fret/stress, some people will not be happy. Save yourself the headache.

well that was an exercise in futility ! put a nice Mammoth into cart went back for a Micarta - signed on to PP CHECK OUT - NG --
What do I know - answer - Nothing :confused:... Little did I know the cart doesn't hold item ...
That's OK - saved some $ now I can save up to pay double on the secondary market :rolleyes:
Rookie mistake. :) Always be signed in and ready to go ahead of time.

Last edited:
I've been in on every drop since the Esky Zulu and remember picking up a Giraffe Bone the day after they dropped....Boy times have changed!...looks like everything sold out just a few minutes after the hour.

I do wish they could find a solution to give some preference to their true customers...I feel like the flippers are running some app that buys these all out quickly before most of us get a chance...I did score one but have to admit I was sweating it after getting cart jacked couple times and waiting for long screen refreshes.

Last edited:
Are you already shopping the secondary market ? :p
Thanks, no I am not shopping the secondary. A mammoth is already posted asking $575.
I did get an ivory one at four o'clock that is light colored like the interior mammoth, so I am happy with that.
I just forgot what the other prices were after I saw that post on eBay. Thanks for reminding me.

Thanks, no I am not shopping the secondary. A mammoth is already posted asking $575.
I did get an ivory one at four o'clock that is light colored like the interior mammoth, so I am happy with that.
I just forgot what the other prices were after I saw that post on eBay. Thanks for reminding me.
Good GOLLY!! Sad thing is, someone will probably actually pay that. That sucks.

No worries just kidding with you either way :thumbsup:

Mammoth Ivory you mean ?

I've got one of the last three drops. You do have to be ready, be online, have your credit card info ready and move fast. You only have one chance. Other than doing a lottery this is probably the best way. It's not perfect and I've missed out a couple of times.

I was finally able to score a Northwoods. Got a light colored mammoth w/ what looks to have really smooth scales on both sides. Was trying to check out as fast as possible.... I was too scare to attempted a screen shot...

I was finally able to score a Northwoods. Got a light colored mammoth w/ what looks to have really smooth scales on both sides. Was trying to check out as fast as possible.... I was too scare to attempted a screen shot...
Ain't nobody got time for that!! Congrats on the score though. I'm waiting for pictures of mine. Got a glance and went yep, check out!

Mods are the forum moderators. Was just trying to give fair warning so they have less work to move all these posts about buying process.;)
or they could just except that the buying process is part of this whole thing....but if it keeps them feeling valued and on guard thats good for them IMHO

Heres mine...Still trying to figure out if I really like it since I had no time to look before buying.... and the controversial word "price" on this little guy was up there IMHO...I will find out when its in hand...loved the last run but couldn't justify a wharny for my use

edited Mods moved my post to an area I personally did not want to post in....

Last edited:
Back