Lets talk GEC!

To join in on the celebration, here is my flock of sheep(sfoot) GECs. The 15 with sheepsfoot blade whether TC, Beer Scout, or Boys Knife is a winner:

upload_2020-4-2_11-23-44-jpeg.1314160

I don't intend to get political, but my new #33 is due to arrive on Saturday, when before the same exact trip would get to my house by Thursday. Someone's messing with my USPS- a service I've very much enjoyed and had good luck with. I'm so excited to get my hands on that knife. I suppose these are very much "first world" problems- there are other places I could live where I'm sure it'd be delivered by a guy on foot, and I'd be lucky if he didn't just steal the contents of the package.

Well I was excited about 1,000 pages in this thread a couple nights ago when I saw we were on page 999… and then I forgot and missed it. :( :D

I bought my first GEC in 2015. It was this one, which I later sold, because I’m an idiot. o_O

0YIEeIe.jpg
That is one of my favorites that I never got Barrett .I always thought that they were , and are , very special .

Harry

That is one of my favorites that I never got Barrett .I always thought that they were , and are , very special .

Harry

It was (is) a really cool knife. At the time I sold it, I didn’t think I would carry it often enough to justify what I had paid for it (a secondary price that felt high in 2015, but seems like a good deal now :D). I only had a handful of GEC’s at the time, but I was already hooked and had several early reserves in, so I think part of my reasoning was also to free up some cash for other knives. :rolleyes:

Since we're going down GEC-memory-lane, here's my first "family photo,” i.e. all the GEC knives I owned at the time. This was November, 2015 (and probably right around the time I sold that Ancient TC).

aTDBWcY.jpg

And here’s a more recent one.

uRYg8Yj.jpg

Here is my modest flock. First was the #15, and it is one of my all time favorites! I had two #14s, but sold them to fund the WCLF. I regret letting go my antique yellow 14, but definitely no regrets on the Waynorth. Most days find me with one of these in my pocket, or spinning in my fingers. All have been used, some quite a bit... except the #77. I always thought once I decide to finally use that one, it may be the only knife I ever carry. Well, it's out of the tube now and in with the general population (although still safely protected). Probably won't be too long now, though!

I don't see this group growing too much, but I'm not opposed if they release something really special. I don't enjoy the GEC lolliscramble, and have all my bases covered with these.

1o0486U.jpg

I was going debut and use my first GEC ever at the 2020 Rendezvous. All these years of collecting and I have never carried a GEC. Well that got cancelled so I have to carry the Case XX pen knife or the Schrade USA 61 OT for another year. After 43 years of working in the field I now have an office position so I only need a big knife for hunting, fishing, and camping.
I'm debating an 06, 14, 15, 66, or a 68 as an EDC. Any input will be appreciated.
3-29-4.jpg

I was going debut and use my first GEC ever at the 2020 Rendezvous. All these years of collecting and I have never carried a GEC. Well that got cancelled so I have to carry the Case XX pen knife or the Schrade USA 61 OT for another year. After 43 years of working in the field I now have an office position so I only need a big knife for hunting, fishing, and camping.
I'm debating an 06, 14, 15, 66, or a 68 as an EDC. Any input will be appreciated.
View attachment 1397347
An ocean of GECs!!:eek: Is that called a GEsea??:D
Very impressive collecting, Will!!;)
I couldn't choose either, 'though I lean toward a #15!:rolleyes:
Or a #66o_OHmmm?

View attachment 1397347
I see at least 4 Waynorth Lambfeet

View attachment 1397347
Nice collection! All of your candidates for EDC would make an excellent choice. I have and carry each of them. If you will be wearing dress slacks regularly stick with the 06 or 14, otherwise I'd select one of the other three. Congrats on coming in from outside. Hope you thoroughly enjoy both the job and your new EDC. :)

It was (is) a really cool knife. At the time I sold it, I didn’t think I would carry it often enough to justify what I had paid for it (a secondary price that felt high in 2015, but seems like a good deal now :D). I only had a handful of GEC’s at the time, but I was already hooked and had several early reserves in, so I think part of my reasoning was also to free up some cash for other knives. :rolleyes:

Since we're going down GEC-memory-lane, here's my first "family photo,” i.e. all the GEC knives I owned at the time. This was November, 2015 (and probably right around the time I sold that Ancient TC).

aTDBWcY.jpg

And here’s a more recent one.

uRYg8Yj.jpg
And I thought I had a Large Knife Budget .
Just Northfields : Not up to date though

Harry

View attachment 1397347
Will , I would go with the BIGGEST BLADE that your employer allows in wood or jigged bone . 78's are nice EDC's . Great Collection of Tubes my friend .

Harry

An ocean of GECs!!:eek: Is that called a GEsea??:D
Very impressive collecting, Will!!;)
I couldn't choose either, 'though I lean toward a #15!:rolleyes:
Or a #66o_OHmmm?

Charlie,
A 15 is very tempting. Probably a two blade. It's big enough for any steak and the smaller blade can perform any detail work. I have carried a 3 blade for over 20 years so it may take some getting used to. Maybe I'll monkey around with them for a few months before I make a choice. LOL, I have to wait another year. Be good.

Back