Lets talk GEC!

I hadn't been lucky on a single drop since late 2020, but on the drops today I scored both a #15 TC barlow smooth autumn bone and a #15 boys knife cocobolo.

I guess you just have to be persistent, but it does get stressful after a while!

I hadn't been lucky on a single drop since late 2020, but on the drops today I scored both a #15 TC barlow smooth autumn bone and a #15 boys knife cocobolo.

I guess you just have to be persistent, but it does get stressful after a while!

Not to mention that sweet Viper you scored on the exchange...

That was very fitting btw!

- thread relevant content:

ta3KABa.jpg

very nice! unfortunately for me that email went into the spam folder

I am on the West Coast (US) - morning "drops" (got the email around 7:30am) are never good for me, I am 100% going to miss them. Getting kids out of bed for school, walking dogs, and making the most important beverage of the day take precedence.

Obviously, I am not a fan. That said, what makes for a poor time for me is likely much better for another so I can't complain. Like always, you win some and you lose some.

(knife content)
GaMdjCZ.jpg

Well I'm pretty lucky- my wife went out of her way to score a 15 in cocobolo for me today. She even called me excited about it. I've been enjoying carrying my 152118 recently; it's a very simple but very well designed knife.

That's just so cool my friend ! It's great when our spouses join in our excitement over new knives :thumbsup:, even if its only once in a while lol

That knife is certainly going to be very special :thumbsup:
( do you think you can do anything for her that will be at least equal to what she did for you ?lol )

When I got the email with the invoice for mine I asked my wife if we could talk for a few minutes lol, about another new knife :D .... and then she was like " "Yeah go for it honey :)"
Last evening we watched together a few youtube videos about GEC on our big screen tv and I was a happy man :)

knife content
3q6kPvT.jpg

Last edited:
I am on the West Coast (US) - morning "drops" (got the email around 7:30am) are never good for me, I am 100% going to miss them. Getting kids out of bed for school, walking dogs, and making the most important beverage of the day take precedence.

Obviously, I am not a fan. That said, what makes for a poor time for me is likely much better for another so I can't complain. Like always, you win some and you lose some.

(knife content)
GaMdjCZ.jpg
Not a huge stag fan, but that upper persuades me.

- thread relevant content -
Needs some patina!

2X8iuxi.jpg

That's just so cool my friend ! It's great when our spouses join in our excitement over new knives :thumbsup:, even if its only once in a while lol

That knife is certainly going to be very special :thumbsup:
( do you think you can do anything for her that will be at least equal to what she did for you ?lol )

When I got the email with the invoice for mine I asked my wife if we could talk for a few minutes lol, about another new knife :D .... and then she was like " "Yeah go for it honey :)"
Last evening we watched together a few youtube videos about GEC on our big screen tv and I was a happy man :)

Thank you buddy- I was pleased to see you can add a cocobolo companion to your #93!

I think you're right that she deserves a kindness in return. Seems like your wife understands your habit, too. Not all knife nuts are this fortunate.

To add a touch of harsh reality, however, it is a point of fact that in our house I'm not allowed to show her knives unless it's my birthday. o_O

@Leslie Tomville Thanks very much for the background. As it's an early knife, I'd be inclined to believe it is a prototype in very small numbers. If Christine were still working at GEC she'd likely be able to tell you. Horsecut Jigged is superb stuff, like to see it again but I think the earliest GECs didn't use in house bone but bought it from Culpepper, so it's rarer than ever :cool:

Regards, Will

dbsYdD0.jpg

Last edited:
Back