Lets talk GEC!

07QTWnO.jpg

BUT...

Don't think I'll EVER be able to use my 92 in Goldenrod Camel bone...

Just too dang pretty!

:D

USE IT!! USE IT!! USE IT!! :D

So, carrying the 92 in micarta today...

But my EDC is the 86.

It's really the best of everything that I could ever want from a traditional pocket knife...

The shield really sends it over the moon for me, personally...

I'm sure if you get my username, you can figure out why!

UXq4vGf.jpg

That is a good shield. :thumbsup: Looks like you’ve been putting that one to good use.

Congrats CelloDan CelloDan and EngrSorenson EngrSorenson . My wife has been very understanding about my GEC addiction and been eager to help me score a couple here and there. I think she's as excited as me (almost) when she gets it. :D
Here's a couple Cocobolo in the middle to wet your appetite.:thumbsup:
Flanked by Chestnut and Osage.
L to R- 74 - 42 - Madison - 21
3im9MAl.jpg

Love that Bull Buster, Mark! :thumbsup: I don’t know why GEC doesn’t make more #21’s and #71’s with wood covers.

Does anybody have any intel on the construction of GEC lockbacks like #72?

According to what I can see in the blade well I suppose it is the fourth variation, e.g. lock bar integral tension spring.

(I own no rights to the picture, just found an it on the net and I think it's very informative.)
1d36e233f229897a00aab809592b03dc.jpg

Last edited:
Found this poor lonely lost thread half way down page 2 untouched for over 13 hours. Which made me wonder why the GEC page has been untouched for a while as well. Jan 22nd maybe??

Is there a surprise coming?

,,,Mike in Canada

Found this poor lonely lost thread half way down page 2 untouched for over 13 hours. Which made me wonder why the GEC page has been untouched for a while as well. Jan 22nd maybe??

Is there a surprise coming?

,,,Mike in Canada

we can hope!

Does anybody have any intel on the construction of GEC lockbacks like #72?

According to what I can see in the blade well I suppose it is the fourth variation, e.g. lock bar integral tension spring.

(I own no rights to the picture, just found an it on the net and I think it's very informative.)
1d36e233f229897a00aab809592b03dc.jpg
Second from the bottom is the closest. Except it's all one piece. There is no separate little bit on the butt.
Not all GEC lockbacks are built like the 72s though. They experimented a bit.

Back