Lets talk GEC!

Hello everyone, Where are places I could reserve a place for a GEC? I've heard people mention something like that. I am subscribed to a couple of places email notifications.

Charlie beat me to it, and I prefer the terms wedge-back whittler or two-spring whittler for today's knives.

Here's a pic of the earlier split-back design. Just look at how slim those secondaries had to be!
wePeS4e.jpg

Hate to be a party pooper, but there won't be any more SFOs from GEC. Every one who had an SFO got a bit of a "one last round", and this ought to be OKCA's. These will be out in the spring, too, by the time we typically just get our approval to even start doing debates about frames and blades and slabs and all of that for a club knife.

Having said all that, I hope someone will come along and correct me and say that we'd still be eligible for a 500-count club knife on whatever frame GEC is planning to run towards the end of the year.

I have a feeling youre right, but if everyone is getting a last round of SFOs, maybe blade forums would qualify? Theres certainly been a bunch in the past.

I have a feeling youre right, but if everyone is getting a last round of SFOs, maybe blade forums would qualify? Theres certainly been a bunch in the past.

I'm sure he is correct as well, but I wanna dream!!! Haha

I don't feel that we have the same relationship with GEC that some of these clubs and individuals have. In the last three years of forum knives, we've only used them once. I am skeptical that they would even consider one last hurrah for us.

I don't feel that we have the same relationship with GEC that some of these clubs and individuals have. In the last three years of forum knives, we've only used them once. I am skeptical that they would even consider one last hurrah for us.

That is tough to hear, but probably very true - too bad...

Hello everyone, Where are places I could reserve a place for a GEC? I've heard people mention something like that. I am subscribed to a couple of places email notifications.

Collectorknives.net offers reserve. Create an account there and sign-up for notifications. Good company to buy from. This forum is not the place to talk about the purchasing process - forum rules to keep threads on topic, and limit questions about buying in every other post, so best to check social media etc.

I think at least one of those years we approached GEC and they weren't interested in doing a forum knife for us.

Back