Lets talk GEC!

I've been out of the GEC game for months now.
This flipper stuff doesn't even bother me any more, somebody else's problem now.
The best medicine is to just step away from the table. :)
Yes. I don't let it get to me any more. Usually just shake my head, and move along. I was just explaining WHY I don't look for many GEC's any more. I'm on a stand by list for one of the bloodwood 38's, but if it doesn't happen, I just don't care. I have more knives than I will ever use as it is. Missing one more pretty toy is no big deal to me.

edit: speaking of too many knives.... I touched up the edge on my 2019 forum knife yesterday, and I think that may be the sharpest knife I own, with the possible exception of my two Otter Messers.... but MAN, that thing is a brawny razor blade...

Last edited:
Loving this new 85 crown lifter- thanks GEC and Mike (CK)!

FtKkuMI.jpg

I hadnt thought of the similarities of gec and ammo. Suppliers of both become almost instantly out of stock as soon as they get a whiff. What you can find, is marked up so high to price any rational person out of the ability to buy. Only the rich can afford inflated prices of gec and ammo, yet they are both normally priced for the average joe.

My focus shifted back to modern folders a few years ago, and looking at GEC "from the outside" it feels surreal to think back to the time -- not that long ago, really! -- when it was possible to just...browse through GEC knives in stock at dealers. :eek:

I've held onto my sole remaining GEC, my beloved stainless Viper, through many rounds of thinning out my collection. I can't even imagine trying to track this knife down these days.

Oyj1eat.jpg

GEC's "Whats Happening" has been stuck in time for a while. Is there one more SFO going on again?

Where is Jiki Jiki with the GEC insider info on what color the jig bone 38s will be?:D
Come on now, there are GEC employees that are not allowed in the dye/jigging room.
Now if I had to guess, (I will because it's the internet) a dark chestnut or antique brown.

Oh and I'm still predicting a 73 or 83 after the 38s. I will have to go back to the Ouija board after that.

OK, so I really appreciate that I am still alive after my wife saw this mail call today.... A huge shout out to @tbode1 (Terry), for selling me all of this group except for the Esky Zulu, which came from @marsturm (Paul). Once again, I just love that Blade Forums members help each other out. I'm excited for these to get some pocket time!

ppAmQWR.jpg

OK, so I really appreciate that I am still alive after my wife saw this mail call today.... A huge shout out to @tbode1 (Terry), for selling me all of this group except for the Esky Zulu, which came from @marsturm (Paul). Once again, I just love that Blade Forums members help each other out. I'm excited for these to get some pocket time!

ppAmQWR.jpg
I'm not sure there could possibly be a better mail call than this! If yiou remain married, then all I can say is Well Played Friend, Well Played!

Yes. I don't let it get to me any more. Usually just shake my head, and move along. I was just explaining WHY I don't look for many GEC's any more. I'm on a stand by list for one of the bloodwood 38's, but if it doesn't happen, I just don't care. I have more knives than I will ever use as it is. Missing one more pretty toy is no big deal to me.

edit: speaking of too many knives.... I touched up the edge on my 2019 forum knife yesterday, and I think that may be the sharpest knife I own, with the possible exception of my two Otter Messers.... but MAN, that thing is a brawny razor blade...

The 2019 forum knife is the very best of them all IMHO. :D:thumbsup:

Last edited:

ppAmQWR.jpg
Nice work! There are a lot of nice knives there, but that ebony crown lifter is a grail knife for me.

Back