Lets talk GEC!

I was comparing the production photos of the Remington and the Tidioute #73's and the bullet shields don't have a stem like the Tidioute shields. Maybe they're added later? That left me wondering if it's going to be pinned. I remember when the AMKCA #97 was released the pins were glued because of the way it was designed. Although GEC didn't make the shield
The recent #23 Remington liner locks had pinned shields, so I really hope these do as well.

wbv8eQb.jpg

SdqTkjD.jpg

1motFjx.jpg

Mark and Charlie waynorth waynorth . I like it a lot!

I’ve occasionally thought of that as its own thread topic, if it’s not already been done. Pictures duplicating or in the notable style of another Porch member. But I would want it to be taken as a homage and with a chuckle, not in any other way. I’ve done it a few times when I knew the individual would think it a complement and get a laugh out of it (such as when the subject knife was once mine).
1627332889964.jpeg
895F020C-A328-4CE7-AD19-B411D8BA224B.jpeg
I just couldn’t duplicate Charlie’s composition exactly as I don’t have the pins. I went and pulled a goldish pillow case out of the linen closet…I’m sure I’ll hear that I didn’t fold it back up correctly in a few days. My 73 is only two numbers off from Charlie’s and there aren’t too many of those 2013 single blade Tom’s Choice TCs floating around.

I saw that picture, but I'm hoping they just hadn't soldered on the pins yet. Is GEC trying to play with our emotions?!
F23D6FDE-9020-4C5E-897E-E008741BBA72.jpeg

CORRECT! I heard they were doing well and had margin to hire some new employees with special skills. This talented new craftsperson was hired because Bill needed someone to solder tiny materials like pins to shields. The hiring add called for someone with delicate fingers…

:p

I have seen pictures or video of them soldering on the posts as part of the assembly process, but I have also heard that they do occasionally just glue the shields in. Cripple creek I believe had theirs glued.

View attachment 1607689
View attachment 1607690
I just couldn’t duplicate Charlie’s composition exactly as I don’t have the pins. I went and pulled a goldish pillow case out of the linen closet…I’m sure I’ll hear that I didn’t fold it back up correctly in a few days. My 73 is only two numbers off from Charlie’s and there aren’t too many of those 2013 single blade Tom’s Choice TCs floating around.
Good Job, Mark!! Heh!!

I have seen pictures or video of them soldering on the posts as part of the assembly process, but I have also heard that they do occasionally just glue the shields in. Cripple creek I believe had theirs glued.
Cripple Creeks were by Queen, if I remember. I've never heard of GEC gluing them!!?? Anyone??

I don’t see why they wouldn’t pin them. Those ones are the only ones I’ve heard of them gluing and I never had one so I’m only saying what I heard but I believe there was a reason for them being glued versus pinned but can’t remember what that was and either way I know I didn’t hear it from anyone at GEC.

Back