Lets talk GEC!

2KhXkkl.jpg
Just came in.. this thing is very nice. Perfect size for me, and I love trappers. The rosewood looks really cool and I figure it will age very well. Perfect action on this thing. I’m smitten 😍

I don’t see why they wouldn’t pin them. Those ones are the only ones I’ve heard of them gluing and I never had one so I’m only saying what I heard but I believe there was a reason for them being glued versus pinned but can’t remember what that was and either way I know I didn’t hear it from anyone at GEC.
What I remember is that the buffalo interfered with the polishing.

The GEC Cripple Creek #14 jigged bone and stag I own have pinned shields. As mentioned by Jiki Jiki , certain shields such as the Cripple Creek can lose their fine detail during the buffing stage.

2KhXkkl.jpg
Just came in.. this thing is very nice. Perfect size for me, and I love trappers. The rosewood looks really cool and I figure it will age very well. Perfect action on this thing. I’m smitten 😍
Where on Earth did you get it? I just checked every distributor, in case I had missed one, and they aren't even in stock yet. Looks amazing.

Where on Earth did you get it? I just checked every distributor, in case I had missed one, and they aren't even in stock yet. Looks amazing.
Thanks! It is everything I thought it would be and more. My advice is to call all GEC authorized dealers and pry for intel. I got this as an early reserve so you will still have a shot on one of the drops. Good luck!

I almost never remember my dreams, but the two I've remembered recently were both about GECs. Last night I dreamed I was at GEC and they had buckets of "factory seconds" for various recent releases, and I was rifling through them and about to spend an irresponsible amount of money... then I woke up. Talk about a downer...

I almost never remember my dreams, but the two I've remembered recently were both about GECs. Last night I dreamed I was at GEC and they had buckets of "factory seconds" for various recent releases, and I was rifling through them and about to spend an irresponsible amount of money... then I woke up. Talk about a downer...
Define irresponsible amount.🤔

Speaking of pins, I just looked at the front liner on the Rosewood 73 I just received. It has one large pin peened over from the center of the shield like a badge shield would have, instead of two small end pins used on many of the long style shields.

Speaking of pins, I just looked at the front liner on the Rosewood 73 I just received. It has one large pin peened over from the center of the shield like a badge shield would have, instead of two small end pins used on many of the long style shields.
Yes, you are correct.
tD3zlA6.jpg

About ten minutes ago a was checking sites and on NWKC they showed as in stock. So I bought one. Apparently I got the last one. After completing the transaction I went back to the site and they were no longer listed. Sometimes you just get lucky. 🤷

About ten minutes ago a was checking sites and on NWKC they showed as in stock. So I bought one. Apparently I got the last one. After completing the transaction I went back to the site and they were no longer listed. Sometimes you just get lucky. 🤷
I got one from them today too, it said 2 left before I ordered. So I guess I got the second to last one and you got the last one. I am very new to knife collecting and the keychain #05 was my first GEC. So I am excited to see what a full size GEC looks and feels like.

I got one from them today too, it said 2 left before I ordered. So I guess I got the second to last one and you got the last one. I am very new to knife collecting and the keychain #05 was my first GEC. So I am excited to see what a full size GEC looks and feels like.
Those will look and feel like they're from two different worlds!

I don't think I've yet seen a GEC knife shield with more than one pin. Usually just one at or near center.

Back