Lets talk GEC!

Like that bolster stamp! Great pin work too, going to be difficult to access one at reasonable cost in Europe (but worth a shot...) 😋

Ohhhh, I don't know why I thought this but I thought there was gonna be a red linen AND a black linen. Mix is pretty cool.

Just a guess on my part, but I think the pictures are unfinished. Depending on how much polishing is done, some may be more black and others red on the final layer. Here's my GEC on a 92 frame with black/red linen micarta. Not sure if they are using the same stuff, just throwing out some guesses that the final product will look different than what you see.. and might be a mix with some more black showing and others more red showing on the top layer.

fzInHktm.jpg

Dang. I wasn’t too far but for at all; and I called it a month ago! I assume they’ll be sending me one for guessing so closely. I’ll post up pictures when it gets here. 😁

But seriously, those are going to be really cool. I love the bolster.

That's great.
That's just great.

I think I just felt my computer lurch from everyone stampeding to email their favorite dealers.
I look forward to the lovely pictures.

My only wish is that there was a 2nd natural cover option. Wood would be fantastic.
I don't mean to pick on you specifically, but isn't this just how it goes?
Bill: "Okay, here's an amazing knife"
Customer: "wow, this is great! I've been waiting for this knife forever! I can't believe you finally did it! but... I wish it had 4 pins instead of 3..."

So does this mean the bolster on the forum knife will be unique to that knife, or do you think there will be another run of barlows with that bolster also?

I like the clip, but this one doesn’t do much for me, especially the Micarta versions. So, I think my wallet will catch a break on these. Glad to see something unique, though.

So does this mean the bolster on the forum knife will be unique to that knife, or do you think there will be another run of barlows with that bolster also?
Right? Does the forum knife show up with a big BF in gothic script on the bolster, oak leaves or something else?

Solid question.
BF surely doesn't own the bolster. Therefore it is possible to be used again. However the fact that Bill made his own GEC bolsters probably means he is very proud of them and will use them.

I like the clip, but this one doesn’t do much for me, especially the Micarta versions. So, I think my wallet will catch a break on these. Glad to see something unique, though.
I love the Barlow and the bolster, but have to agree that two micarta’s is a swing and a miss. Would have liked to see a wood version or jigged bone in place of one of the micartas. Either way, really like the design.

Back