Lets talk GEC!

No problem. If old M&G catalogs are any indication, it’ll be a 3 spring Knife all opening from the same end.

Not everyone is pumped about it, but I’ve got a 99.9% chance of buying one.

Wow, that will make for quite a hefty knife. I suppose if I was more of a "collector" versus a "user", I would probably be more interested in the M&G, but judging by their past SFOs, it will be quite expensive and I would probably never use it due to their quality etch and collectors value afterwards.

I will certainly look forward to seeing it after it is produced though, I figure it will be a rather stunning knife.

My Ebony Churchill is here!!!! Something seems a little different though. :confused::D:cool:

rczz8pe.jpg

2v5oErY.jpg

ujd2jxe.jpg

4fBPca3.jpg

I just want to state that the Northfield 78s have a pull that will lend their blades nicely to this kind of clip point modification; and that I fully intend to perform such a modification, probably on several.

I just want to state that the Northfield 78s have a pull that will lend their blades nicely to this kind of clip point modification; and that I fully intend to perform such a modification, probably on several.
Funny you say that. I've already had conversations with other forum members regarding the 78's spear to clip mod. :D;):thumbsup:

I really like my single blade 77 in smooth autumn bone.

D9Qor5t.jpg

I really like it too! How would you compare it to a TC? How does it compare to a #78 (if you have one)
I'd love to have a #77 but I'm thinking the #78 is a close as I can get for now.
Sweet knife!!!!!!!! Orange is my most favorite color.
Thanks

Funny you say that. I've already had conversations with other forum members regarding the 78's spear to clip mod. :D;):thumbsup:

I'm a little surprised no one has done that to the single blade 54 DLT SFO. I know a lot of people like spear blades, but that knife is kinda ideal for it.

I just came from the post office and unboxed this #13 Tidioute Whittler Rust Red Jigged Bone that @blademan 13 gifted to me! This is my first GEC and I'm amazed by the higher level of quality this knife has. What a beauty! It took more than a month to reach me and I had to regularly ask our local post office here in the Philippines. Thank you so much for your kindness and generosity, Jamie!

UOEITIi.jpg

4Ud33BE.jpg

qYfgNEp.jpg

Hmm....wonder what this mystery could be....
IMG_20171010_124547.jpg
Actually, I'm just curious which model it will be on. Assuming the #81...

It could be a #35 I guess though too, or I suppose a Jigged Yellow Rose (the TBD Northfield #81)

Hmm....wonder what this mystery could be....
View attachment 778440
Actually, I'm just curious which model it will be on. Assuming the #81...

It could be a #35 I guess though too, or I suppose a Jigged Yellow Rose (the TBD Northfield #81)
I want to know what that Jigged Bone will be SO BADLY. My virtue of patience is getting muscle cramps from being exercised.

The GEC site production schedule says it is an 81, unless I issed something.

,,,Mike in Canada

The GEC site production schedule says it is an 81, unless I issed something.

,,,Mike in Canada
I imagine it will be too. But since they don't have yellow rose as an option for the 81s yet, I thought I'd speculate.

Either way, I'll be out - as the moose is one of those popular patterns that don't do much for me. Looking forward to seeing all of the photos here though!

Back