1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Lets talk GEC!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by rockgolfer, Jun 23, 2013.

1. JTB_5

JTB_5 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 6, 2017
  2. waverave

waverave Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 7, 2018
    That's exactly what I thought when I saw it...a bomb shield. Not even CLOSE to my prediction lol.

3. JTB_5

JTB_5 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 6, 2017
    [​IMG]
    Salmon Acrylic handles for #85 Tidioute Cutlery Bullet End knives

They also describe this as salmon rather than oyster pearl.

TFBraden, dc50 and waverave like this.
  4. waverave

Jun 7, 2018
    This could be one of those cases, as has been done in the past, where the exact same material has different names.

Heirphoto and JTB_5 like this.
  5. J_Curd

J_Curd

Jul 26, 2006
    I’ll politey disagree, the “top” is harder to lose and stays on better with a tube. And they crush less during shipping.

Will Power, MCar and cbr1000 like this.
  6. J_Curd

J_Curd

Jul 26, 2006
    My sentiments as well, Rachel. Instant, in fact.

Will Power and r8shell like this.
  7. waverave

Jun 7, 2018
    First glimpse of the Rotten Banana Bone
    IMG_6105.jpg

8. t.willy

t.willy Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 31, 2016
    Let's get some news on those GEC #14 TC BARLOW'S Please & Tank you. ✌

9. waynorth

waynorth Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Nov 19, 2005
    GEC has been finishing the #14 Barlows, and shipping them out.
    The Ivory Bone ones were shipped to dealers on Friday. I am hoping the Ebonies will go out on Wednesday! My allotment Ivory and Black, won't go out until Friday or the following Monday.
    Sigh . . . . . . . . . . . .:rolleyes:
    I hope you all post pix when you get them!!!:)

MJ71, Chief, t.willy and 4 others like this.
  10. Ajd3530

Ajd3530

Jan 20, 2017
    I wonder what will be up next for GEC. The final 14s look like they'll be shipping this week, the 99s seem to be nearly complete, and the Tidioute 85s look to be entering the final phases of assembly. So that leaves the Northfield 85s, which I would be shocked if they aren't all completed around Thanksgiving. I'm used to seeing their production schedule being booked for months ahead. Knowing there is blank space on it 4 or weeks (or less) from now leaves me giddy with anticipation.

t.willy likes this.
  11. Will Power

Will Power Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Now that's really rotten stuff :D Practically oozing :cool::eek:

I'd like to bag one of those sticky delights but I suspect I'm living in the wrong part of the worldo_O

12. waverave

Jun 7, 2018
    I haven't heard a peep about what the upcoming production schedule looks like after these runs...other than the possible 29. 86 and 97 they advertised. Can't wait to find out. Although on the other hand, I am really hoping for a little bit of downtime...the recent runs have been wreaking havoc on my budget :)

13. waverave

Jun 7, 2018
    Is one of these yours? :)
    IMG_6104_1.jpg

JustinR, Wurrwulf, Chief and 3 others like this.
  14. Ajd3530

Ajd3530

Jan 20, 2017
    I've not been in the game terribly long, but I thought any NEW pattern being produced was advertised in advance. Like folks knew of the 44s months before production started. Same way with the 13s last year.

15. waverave

Jun 7, 2018
    @Ajd3530 The trend this year has definitely been to advertise new releases a month or two before production but who knows...Bill doesn't seem to follow too many trends it seems. I can only speculate but maybe they are toning it down for the holiday season and just haven't been ready to make any production announcements yet.

16. Leslie Tomville

Leslie Tomville Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 19, 2016
    9CB24F81-8F1C-4F06-8194-B199751B306D.jpeg 9859C668-D8ED-4913-8939-4F88AA585AC8.jpeg

@waverave I have information that a run of 22’s should be on the horizon. Personally, I am ready for some of the ones that I consider GEC classics like 47 Vipers, 72’s, 73’s, 83’s, a 77 Washington Jack, etc. Anything in their Red Stag would be great.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
  17. waverave

Jun 7, 2018
    That's good news actually I'd be up for a 22 run :)

oldtymer likes this.
  18. Jiki

Jiki Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Jun 12, 2018
    22 gunstocks right after doing 44's? Hmm.

19. Fox79

Fox79 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 24, 2017
    I’m hoping that I don’t see any GEC’s I really like until June of 2019. Lol

After these 14’s and 85’s my wife has said I need to take a break because I burned through a healthy knife fund too quick.

Ratbert, JohnDF and waverave like this.
  20. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    Is there a difference between 22magnum and 22 in this pattern or are they the same?

Last edited: Oct 29, 2018