Lets talk GEC!

And here it is.
eWtlG4V.jpg

2Dead 2Dead I'm with you there Trand, and very nice to see you posting again :cool:

What I'd really like to see from GEC is a stainless SPEAR blade of some kind, think Eureka/Talon or 56 Dogleg, 85 single. What with CASE only offering very few Spears my pickings are slim: one Custom and some Queen Cutlery Teardrops in D2....

Thanks, Will

2Dead 2Dead I'm with you there Trand, and very nice to see you posting again :cool:

What I'd really like to see from GEC is a stainless SPEAR blade of some kind, think Eureka/Talon or 56 Dogleg, 85 single. What with CASE only offering very few Spears my pickings are slim: one Custom and some Queen Cutlery Teardrops in D2....

Thanks, Will
I'd love a spear too. I'd definitely get a few if they were like the #78s just posted. Had to resist getting some when they were available because I already have enough 1095 users in that size and I'm really holding back for some stainless.

4In4jKhl.jpg

Just found out after a little digging that this was made as a run of 14 parts knives in 2012, despite being stamped 652111. Very cool. The Black Gold Perylic has shrunk significantly in the ~6 years I've had it unfortunately.

Very interesting example. So the Perylic is some form of Cell then? The shrink suggests it may be, none of my acrylic GECs have shown any hint of shrink, fortunately.

That's a handsome Spear too, I'm thinking of creating a Spear thread, beautiful blade shape.

Regards, Will

Very interesting example. So the Perylic is some form of Cell then? The shrink suggests it may be, none of my acrylic GECs have shown any hint of shrink, fortunately.

So is perylic different from acrylic? I figured it was the same, with marketing spin.

That's a handsome Spear too, I'm thinking of creating a Spear thread, beautiful blade shape.

Regards, Will

Thanks!

Will, no Perylic is not celluloid.

Here's a blog post about Perylic http://tsakblog.com/2010/06/21/perylic-acrylic-and-celluloid-questions/

And some threads here

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/gec-acrylic-question.922312/

My understanding is that it's chunks of other acrylic (?) Within a base of acrylic. I'm not sure of what the chunks are, but I don't think they're "pearl like" as described by some. I think they're just other acrylic.

I'll take some pictures when I get home. I've had shrink on my Sea Glass Acrylic also, which is the same as the "Perylic" on the #65. Like I said, the #65 tube is actually marked acrylic.

B B.F.U and black mamba black mamba Thanks for the info gents:thumbsup: Still rather puzzling though, my knives spent a lot of time in winter with very low humidity. Bone doesn't like it, Stag worse and with Horn (not Ram's weirdly) don't even ask :eek: But no hint of movement with acrylic.

If this perylic is meant to be hard as in Greg's blog and made up of pearl like chips- Mike's input, you would think it very stable. Somebody going to try a flame test?:D Cell goes off like aviation fuel :D:eek:

Is this a new pattern? If not can someone who has one please post a picture with a 15 or something else that is more common?

Back