1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Let's talk Northwoods

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by SadSappySucker, Feb 20, 2017.

1. redoxmusic

redoxmusic Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 24, 2015
    The micarta is my favorite out of the bunch. Simple and classy.

cbr1000 and tmd_87 like this.
  2. Jiki

Jiki Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 12, 2018
    I know, right. Add on the fact that it's bullet proof, not going to worry about throwing this one in my pocket.

Lander boy Matt likes this.
  3. CallMeDave

CallMeDave Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 16, 2013
    It’ll be my first Indian River, but I did score a Signal Jack in red linen so this one will have a cover-brother.

4. Jiki

Jiki Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 12, 2018
    You nailed it man. Totally spot on.

5. NewBlades16

NewBlades16 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 28, 2015
    I like you strategy much better. @Onearmbladenut WAR!

Onearmbladenut likes this.
  6. NewBlades16

Dec 28, 2015
    Anyone tag an "S" red linen? If so, when you get it, tell us if you can notice anything that would designate it an "S."

7. cudgee

cudgee Gold Member Gold Member

May 13, 2019
    I think today of all days mentioning war in the same breath as collecting pocket knives may be rather inappropriate and insensitive.

Onearmbladenut likes this.
  8. NewBlades16

Dec 28, 2015
    Ah,Man, it's an ongoing joke.

Elgatodeacero likes this.
  9. cudgee

cudgee Gold Member Gold Member

May 13, 2019
    :thumbsdown:

10. NewBlades16

Dec 28, 2015
    Move on.

11. Old Hunter

Old Hunter Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 12, 2012
    The only Northwoods I own is the square-back Muskrat; their take on the Hawbaker Muskrat. This is a well made knife from the Queen era of Northwoods. I bought it to have a nice looking faux Tortoise shell and because I wanted a Hawbaker, but not at the Case Hawbaker prices. OH
    [​IMG]

12. knifethetank

knifethetank Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 18, 2018
    Bruce, the color on those handles are real nice :thumbsup: I'm not a big fan of acrylic handles but I do own a GEC 85 with coffehouse acrylic and I love the color, your Muskrat is definitely a keeper.

Old Hunter likes this.
  13. Maverick299

Maverick299

Apr 12, 2014
    Oh my, that made my pants get a little shorter. That clip/sheepsfoot combo with the spade shield is just a stunning combo. Well done.

Railsplitter likes this.
  14. Railsplitter

Railsplitter Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 31, 2010
    Thank you!

15. Old Hunter

Old Hunter Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 12, 2012
    Thank You!

16. Crazy Canuck

Crazy Canuck Singing along with the voices in my head Gold Member

Nov 24, 2013
    With the new IRJ inbound, I decided to go rooting around in the knife drawer to look at some relatives. I've had a few of the GEC Northwoods in the past (with the last being the Esky Zulu in 2016), but have moved them along and only have Queen made examples left.

The remaining, left to right - Everyday Barlow, Indian River Jack (2015), Gunstock (all were seconds in this run, mine had a shallow nail nick which I butchered with a dremel, although it's much easier to open now :oops:), and Sowbelly

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They don't seem to get a lot of carry time, but that Sowbelly is probably my favorite of the bunch, with the IRJ coming in second.

17. Pàdruig

Pàdruig Live and Let Die Platinum Member

Dec 1, 2016
    Very nice, Mike! We don't see the Queen made Northwoods nearly enough. I really like that Sowbelly.

Crazy Canuck likes this.
  18. bbfish

bbfish Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 18, 2019
    Does anyone think there’s another drop coming? Jay made a post a few weeks back, I forget if it was a picture or video, that was of some stragglers that weren’t put up with the Indian river jack.

Leslie Tomville and Travman like this.
  19. brewbear

brewbear Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 14, 2019
    I feel like I'm an hour late and a dollar short here since I just started buying slippys. I have a Case sowbelly (one blade) that I carry every day, a Schatt & Morgan Swaybelly Trapper (just in from Collector Knives) and a couple other trappers (Uncle Henrys and such) but looking at the pics you guys posted.....you're making a grown man cry! I'm heading off to sigh up for notifications now! And BTW, that Indian River Jack has me in tears!

Travman likes this.