Let's talk Northwoods

A while for sure! They will sell out quickly, but I’m through with drops. Maybe if they offered barehead versions, but not any of these.

Oof, this might be the first drop I sit out on in a while. Already have one 14 in hand and two more on the way. These will probably be great little knives, but there were so many cool options on this run already. Looks like I can stop hoping for a single blade gunstock.

I wonder what pricing will be like? If they start at much more than $105 I will likely pass. While the blood red jigged bone looks very tempting writing Northwoods on the blades does not intrigue me enough to pay the premium price.

,,,Mike in Canada

Ya... How cool would it have been to have these with a little Wharncliffe, like on the Fayette only smaller???

Ya... How cool would it have been to have these with a little Wharncliffe, like on the Fayette only smaller???
I was hoping for a clip or wharncliffe option, the spear isn't really doing it for me. Also, no red linen micarta. :thumbsdown:

I am tempted by this new knife. I like my small knives - less than 3.5" closed is my preference - but I already have two #14s, and one of those has a spear blade. GEC's next four revealed knives that they might possibly produce (85, 92, 86, 97) are all in the medium to big range, the smallest being the 92 at 3 9/16". This might be it for smalls for some time from GEC. And I do love denim micarta.

I am tempted by this new knife. I like my small knives - less than 3.5" closed is my preference - but I already have two #14s, and one of those has a spear blade. GEC's next four revealed knives that they might possibly produce (85, 92, 86, 97) are all in the medium to big range, the smallest being the 92 at 3 9/16". This might be it for smalls for some time from GEC. And I do love denim micarta.
If you dig denim micarta, you should grab one, not too many options roll out with it as a cover option. If you hate it, it will be easy to sell.

I like the spearpoint blade. But I don't like the pattern and feel in hand, didn't care for the Lincoln Jack either sold min immediately. Actually this will be one of the few releases I skip.

So good luck to those who want them! And I hope the scalpers internet is slow as molasses that day and all the get is frustration lol... :p

I never have access to a computer on Wednesday's. Finally a release on a day I could attempt to make an order, and it's one I have no interest in!

I never have access to a computer on Wednesday's. Finally a release on a day I could attempt to make an order, and it's one I have no interest in!
Crazy huh. Everyone asked for a non wharncliffe blade and now it's getting mixed reviews. But I think that's because of the pattern. People would have liked a spearpoint burnside, bear lake etc

Crazy huh. Everyone asked for a non wharncliffe blade and now it's getting mixed reviews. But I think that's because of the pattern. People would have liked a spearpoint burnside, bear lake etc
I'm on the opposite side of the fence... I like the pattern a lot, but I don't like the thick, broad, spear point at all.

I'm on the opposite side of the fence... I like the pattern a lot, but I don't like the thick, broad, spear point at all.
No, I agree. I don't think they compliment each other either. But I've been very pleasantly surprised by Northwoods in the past on many occasions Once I go the knives in hand my perspective changed. Sometimes it's instant.

I have nothing to add to the discussion. I just thought the page needed a pic of a Northwoods knife.:)
IMG_0366-X3.jpg

I'm a big Northwoods fan but I think I will sit this one out also. I like the blade and the pattern, just not together.
Sure wish they would bring back the Camel Bone handles in a variety of colors.

Good luck to those trying to snag one of these! If I didn't have two more of these 14's on reserve I would have tried to land one.

Back