Lion Steel Dom

bikerector

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Just got my early reserve and order in for one in ebony covers. I've been super excited for this one since I saw that blade months ago.

Anyone past the waitlist to order and moved on to stalking the postman?

I have a natural micarta on the way. From the pictures it appears that the micarta is different from that used on the Shuffler. It looks more natural with a woven appearance to it and a lighter color. Can't wait!

My natural canvas is ordered and on the way too! I can't wait, plus it looks like these will have a heavier pull than the Roundheads which I love.

I have a natural micarta on the way. From the pictures it appears that the micarta is different from that used on the Shuffler. It looks more natural with a woven appearance to it and a lighter color. Can't wait!

Exciting! I'm on the waitlist for that one as I didn't commit to a reservation as I didn't know if I want the natural micarta or ebony. It seems like my recent purchases has gone to natural micarta and ebony exclusively lately, micarta for the users and ebony for the viewing pleasure in my knife drawer. I think these would look lovely next to my ebony and natural canvas GEC 81 moose. Been carrying the micarta moose every day for work since I bought it last fall so I guess it's time for a little rotation in the pocket slip.

Got my ebony on the way! I wasn’t expecting the email today but I am very excited for this one- Ram Shuffler is in the pocket at the moment!

I wanted something kinda different for the design so my sheepfoot is gonna get the HORN. Might try for a Micarta or Ebony later.

I wanted something kinda different for the design so my sheepfoot is gonna get the HORN. Might try for a Micarta or Ebony later.

I look forward to seeing what the horn looks like in the wild. I had that on the notify list too but I wasn't sold on the stock photo. To be fair, bone, stag, and horn aren't my handle materials of choice for any knife but occasionally some ram or buffalo horn get me good. Love hate relationship with the look on those.

I did just get the notify of the canvas micarta, about $10 cheaper than the ebony. Think I may have to get that one too. I've been putting off a lot of knife purchases waiting on these things. Even sold my forum GEC barlow once these were announced.

Okay, back to sanity and to quit ranting about the end of a long and anxious wait. First knife I've actually gone to the point to put a reserve on.

ooQCuDQ.jpg

Have an Ebony and rams horn paid for. Patiently waiting for the shipping notice.

I stole these one from kaput kaput 's thread recently started about the Dom also (can these be merged somehow?). They're the stock photo's from CK's website.
iW5s6Jk.jpg

t7rQX2C.jpg

Here's the natural micarta (I'm not as good as Kaput to figure out how he made them large, I just linked straight from CK).
CK0115NC-1-300x225.jpg

I like the change to the natural micarta although still not my style. I was on notify for the horn but can't pull the trigger not knowing what I'll get. Some of it looks great but I don't really like the lighter horn at all. Didn't realize it would have a stronger pull. If so that's a plus as well.

I like the change to the natural micarta although still not my style. I was on notify for the horn but can't pull the trigger not knowing what I'll get. Some of it looks great but I don't really like the lighter horn at all. Didn't realize it would have a stronger pull. If so that's a plus as well.
When you go to purchase it just put in the note section that you would like darker horn. Usually they oblige the best they can.

I couldn't wait for the Dom so I had the prototype Roundhead I won from CK made into a modified sheepsfoot with a little belly. Love this knife! Has a nice 7 pull. Also would you guys agree the Dom looks the most like it's 77 counterpart?

http://imgur.com/vvVAEoO

I have ebony on the way.
If you want a particular color of horn ask Mike. On my second horn handle I requested dark “swirl” like I saw some folks received. That was what he sent me! If you get something not to your liking he has a 14 day return that works.

I have an ebony on the way. I have been so impressed with my roundhead that I couldn’t pass it up. Very excited.

Did CK say the pull would be stronger? That's cool. It wasn't bad before, but more snap would be awesome too!

I got Rams Horn! I wish they had OD green micarta. Maybe next round.

How has the centering been with everyone else's? I only have one. A Roundhead in stag. I like it, it doesn't have blade play per say but the blade isn't centered and moves when in closed position?

Back