Lion Steel "Roundhead" Euro-Barlow

I was contacted by cesma, thanks Bill. I don't speak Italian, but Google translate seemed to work pretty well. I think I explained the situation pretty well...Knives will be available in May, total with shipping to Italy and PayPal fees will be about $150 which he can pay when they're available.

~Chip

Well done. I have worked out shipping a couple to Canada. I dont want to bend the rules by talking about buying, as we all know that is frowned on and against the rules, but for those that are interested in working out this act of kindness, Mike has advised a certain way. I would advise contacting him. He also may have an update to his shipping terms. Check his website

Mods, I tried to toe the line. Sorry if I crossed it.

Last edited:
Well done. I have worked out shipping a couple to Canada. I dont want to bend the rules by talking about buying, as we all know that is frowned on and against the rules, but for those that are interested in working out this act of kindness, Mike has adviced a certain way. I would advice contacting him. He also may have an update to his shipping terms.

Mods, I tried to toe the line. Sorry if I crossed it.

Are you referring to Mike Latham (knifeswapper)? Should I contact him via email or PM?

Thanks,
~Chip

I put in reservations for both a Cocobolo and Carbon Fiber. The CF is on standby so I'm hoping that it works out to have both. This looks like a great mix of traditional slipjoint with modern materials. My daily non-traditional carry is a Chris Reeve Insingo so this will be the perfect partner.

Is it the same factory making this that is making the CS lucky?

Perhaps i'm mistaken, but the company Lion Steel manufactures their products in Italy. Cold Steel is a completely different company with no affiliation to each other.

Did we ever find out if the bolster screws are going to be titanium?

I have been on the fence with this knife for awhile now, almost putting myself on the reserve list on a number of occasions. However, the one thing that always made me pause every time is the fact that the covers are screwed, not pinned, and the bolster is screwed as well, which is a feature I have been looking at with some skepticism. However, after reading through the posts here, I have determined that I shouldn't let this one pass me by and I went ahead and put myself down for a Ram's horn variant.

I like the idea of a "modern barlow", using higher end steel, and the apparent modular capabilities. The possibilities truly could be endless in terms of personalization, I am looking forward to seeing what options become available.

Pàdruig;16965667 said:
I have been on the fence with this knife for awhile now, almost putting myself on the reserve list on a number of occasions. However, the one thing that always made me pause every time is the fact that the covers are screwed, not pinned, and the bolster is screwed as well, which is a feature I have been looking at with some skepticism. However, after reading through the posts here, I have determined that I shouldn't let this one pass me by and I went ahead and put myself down for a Ram's horn variant.

I like the idea of a "modern barlow", using higher end steel, and the apparent modular capabilities. The possibilities truly could be endless in terms of personalization, I am looking forward to seeing what options become available.

Even if these are a bust, which I highly doubt they will be, they are somewhat historic imo and at least should be fun to personalize. Thank you for the kind words shared in the lounge as well.

I am really hoping that Lion Steel grinds these blades thin, thin, thin! I recently received a trio of other Lion Steel offerings in D2, Sleipner and M390. The edges on all were heavier than I like seeing and quite honestly, thinning the edges took considerable work even when using diamond stones. Once the edges were thinned they all sharpened quite easily on my Sharpmaker. Any of these 3 steels would be awesome on the Barlow but I would have really liked to see the Sleipner seeing as it is a reduced Cr, tougher version of D2 and may form a slight patina. It also seemed to be the easiest sharpening of the 3 and took a super edge. Love the M390 choice just the same and hopefully Mike will see to it that these get a thin grind applied:thumbup:

I hope so as well. I also hope Lionsteel doesnt give up if this run isnt a homerun the 1st try.

I'm in on a stag model, after seeing Lion Steel's other stag models I had to reserve one.

I knew I recalled seeing something about the BTE thinness;
Question: How thin of a grind are we talking? Is it comparable to GECs thinly ground blades?

Spine is 95/1000" and it comes to a very nice edge. Not thick behind the cut.

That being said, it would be nice if we could have an actual measurement of the one that was made for Mike.

I have been away from the forums for a little while and am just catching up on this thread. I stopped reading after this: "Barlow. 3 3/4" closed, M390 blade" and reserved 2 last night :).

Back