1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ka-Bar Becker BK5 Magnum Camp , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday July 27!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Lion Steel "Roundhead" Euro-Barlow

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by supratentorial, Jan 28, 2017.

1. Ironbut

Ironbut Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 1, 2016
    Are we there yet?:)

tmd_87, Pomsbz and TFBraden like this.
  2. t.willy

t.willy Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 31, 2016
    I hear ya Ironbut I can't wait to get this one in my knife lovin mitts :cool::D;):rolleyes:

3. Pomsbz

Pomsbz

Jul 31, 2015
    You're not the only one. :D

4. tmd_87

tmd_87 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2016
    ....are we there yet.....are we there yet......:eek::eek::eek:

5. Dean51

Dean51 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 30, 2014
    I was patient until May 1st rolled around, now I'am a bit anxious.
    Is it here yet. :)

6. CPP

CPP Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 8, 2014
    It is now May 2 and I am about to check my mailbox... Could they have sent it out before I've even paid for it?

Pomsbz likes this.
  7. Knurling_turtle

Knurling_turtle

Jan 31, 2016
    I'm sure a lot of you have been to Italy. Estimates on timing over there have a completely different meaning. There's a word for it but I don't remember what it is.

I have two on order so ACCELERARE, ACCELERARE!!!!!

Last edited: May 2, 2017
    Pomsbz likes this.
  8. Pomsbz

Pomsbz

Jul 31, 2015
    Do they come with dents in like the cars there? :)

9. Peregrin

Peregrin Traditional Forum Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Sep 2, 2004
    I'm no expert in the language, but have studied it some. Domani means tomorrow, that might be one word. My daughter that lives in Santa Fe, NM says that one of the favorites the locals use to indicate they are in no hurry, is manana, which is tomorrow in Spanish.

That said, I like what I'm seeing from the Italian knife makers. I've got a few that are very nice.

neal70 likes this.
  10. sticktodrum

sticktodrum

Apr 16, 2012
    I just put in for the Cocobolo version, hope I didn't cut it too close. This piece looks gorgeous, and it's a nice mix of modern in the pattern. I really enjoy m390, I've used a few knives with it, and it's been good to me.

11. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    Lived in Bolivia for a few years. When inquiry was made concerning an order being ready, the arrival of a package, the departure of some trains, the beginning of a project....... There was one patent answer - "EN LA MANANA"
    .....being interpreted.... "It will be ready when it is ready".... "It will arrive when it arrives"....
    Never met a single person with ulcers...:D:D;)
    postscript - I'm in for cocobolo and ram's horn!!

12. kurt6652

kurt6652

Dec 9, 2008
    I just changed my status from a buy to a maybe on the cocobolo barlow, hopefully you get it.(The one I had reserved)

13. Ratbert

Ratbert Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 1, 2016
    I'm finding myself surprisingly patient about these. I think the upcoming GEC 54 and 66 runs have a lot to do with this.
    I also want to thank Mike again for going out on a limb and finding something a little different to offer.

14. DavidZ

DavidZ Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 30, 2004
    I put in for one as well. Really looking forward to this one. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

15. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012

16. BlockPsycho

BlockPsycho

Mar 12, 2016
    Does anyone know how lionsteel does their abalone? (Is it like GEC's LVS or looking glass?)

17. NJBillK

NJBillK Custom Leather and Fixed Blade modifications.

Mar 27, 2014
    If you do a google image search for "Lionsteel abalone", you will see plenty of examples.
    I didn't dig far enough to come up with a means of manufacture.

18. CPP

CPP Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 8, 2014
    May 3...

19. neal70

neal70

Jun 3, 2015
    Peregrin-I think Jack Kerouac covered manana in "On the Road". Well done sense of context.
    Thanks, Neal

20. Peregrin

Peregrin Traditional Forum Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Sep 2, 2004
    Now that you mention it, I think I recall that.

neal70 likes this.