Lion Steel "Roundhead" Euro-Barlow

Curious if anyone knows what the current status of this project is. Are we still looking at May?

Yeah im pretty sure there hasn't been any new information on a specific release date. It would be great to hear there ahead of schedule though.I just reserved one in Cocobolo :D

They are behind schedule. Just kidding, I have found things move better when I do not hound the factory like a 3 year old on a road trip needing to pee.

They are behind schedule. Just kidding, I have found things move better when I do not hound the factory like a 3 year old on a road trip needing to pee.

No hurry, as long as I get my 2 by tomorrow. Just kidding. :)
Thanks for doing this. :thumbup:

Any updates that we know of? These knives are going to be awesome. I have watched Mike's video about a thousand times already.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Thanks for the update! I think these are going to be instant classics I'm glad I'm in on a stag.

I hope you are right. I am like the husband of a promiscuous wife about to give birth... I'm hopeful, but you just never know what will show up!

I hope you are right. I am like the husband of a promiscuous wife about to give birth... I'm hopeful, but you just never know what will show up!
LOL! I will try and wait patiently...

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Patience? Patience my a**. I bought a Lion Steel folder to see what they were all about while I was waiting on the Barlow. I now have 4 of them. If this Barlow is anywhere near the quality of some of their other offerings then I will be pleased as punch. Oh yeah, their M390 will take and HOLD a very nice edge:thumbup: and the fit & finish is way up there as well. While the overall hybrid design may have some folks on the fence aesthetically, there is no doubt in my mind that build and performance will be second to none in the factory traditional world. As long as they remember it is a traditional and not a tactical and give it an appropriate grind (<.010" behind the edge minimum) they will have a winner.

Patience? Patience my a**. I bought a Lion Steel folder to see what they were all about while I was waiting on the Barlow. I now have 4 of them. If this Barlow is anywhere near the quality of some of their other offerings then I will be pleased as punch. Oh yeah, their M390 will take and HOLD a very nice edge:thumbup: and the fit & finish is way up there as well. While the overall hybrid design may have some folks on the fence aesthetically, there is no doubt in my mind that build and performance will be second to none in the factory traditional world. As long as they remember it is a traditional and not a tactical and give it an appropriate grind (<.010" behind the edge minimum) they will have a winner.

And here I had successfully put my reserve in the back of my mind in the name of virtue, now you've got me all fidgety again. :) I really do think this is going to be a wonderful knife.

Getting closer ...
Any news on them?
edit: sorry wrong thread. I could not find the original.

Last edited:
Getting closer ...
Any news on them?
edit: sorry wrong thread. I could not find the original.

May is sneaking up isn't it? I'm in for a "Sure" on a rams horn. It seems like a great concept, and I can't wait to see it in person.

May is sneaking up isn't it? I'm in for a "Sure" on a rams horn. It seems like a great concept, and I can't wait to see it in person.

Same here. I've been reading the Guardians of the Lambsfoot thread and getting increasingly interested in the kind of horn handles found on those Sheffield knives. I'm happy this one is coming down the pike.

Holy crap, I just saw this thread today, and I have reserved a CF. This knife looks AWESOME. I was waiting and waiting for the next run of Northwoods Indian River Jacks, but with Queen's spotty QC I had my reservations. This will work just fine, I love a traditional pattern slipjoint with modern materials. If it were a Lanny's Clip I'd buy em all... and while I'm dreaming, please make it ivory linen micarta while you're at it...

Can I also say that I have no idea how you guys are making a profit on these? At $90 for the Cocobolo I think this has to be the cheapest knife with M390 on the market right now, probably by a sizable margin. I'm not telling you to raise the price though!!

Back