Lion Steel "Roundhead" Euro-Barlow

I got my carbon fiber a few minutes ago and I see why those who have gotten one of these barlows want another one. It's raining here and I'm not going to do the knife an injustice by posting poor photos but it's a real winner. I'll get some pics soon.

I'm going to show this baby off at work tomorrow but before I do I want to make sure I've got my info right. Are all the metal parts except the blade made of titanium, including the screws and backspring?

As far as I can tell, only the bolsters and liners are titanium.

~Chip

Today I am carrying my Opinel No. 6 so have to go from memory but I thought the backspring was also titanium and the screws match well enough in looks and texture they may be as well.

Screws and backspring are both magnetic, otherwise my whole knife (sans blade and covers) would probably be in the anodizing tub right now ;)

~Chip

@Ajack60 Yeah, hopefully you are spoiled...a truly traditionally assembled slipjoint (no screws, just pins), will not give you anywhere near the level of precision that Lionsteel's CNC will crank out. The Roundheads are an exceptionally rare value at these price points.

This knife has a lot going for it but one thing, among many, that I'm really impressed with is the chamffered corner of the tang that sticks up when the blade is closed. Most manufacturers never even consider this area. Just let the customer file it down if they want to.

I don't know if this was Mike's idea or lionsteel's idea but I really appreciate someone taking this into consideration for a change. Not to mention actually doing something about it.

Finally arrived! I'm very satisfied with the everything about this knife, including Collectorknives shipping and great packaging. I'm trying to convince myself not to order one more...
2017-08-16 17.09.08.png
2017-08-16 17.08.26.png

Attachments

• 2017-08-16 17.09.08.png
    2017-08-16 17.09.08.png
    188.8 KB · Views: 1
2nd Lionsteel Barlow arrived today, requested a lighter horn for this one. I have to say thank you to CK for honoring requests as much as possible on this run, much appreciated! I like them both, overall more subdued then some of the fantastic examples displayed on this thread but I am happy. I really like the red streak up near the bolster of the lighter one.

IMG_3025_zpsqnpz5yg7.jpg

IMG_3024_zpsuocwi90y.jpg

Received my second euro barlow today, in horn. My 1st the Palo is great, the 2nd in blonde horn is not as epic as some have gotten, but looks nice. My Palo pre-order and the last minute horn order both came quickly (2 days west coast) and with the leather slip.

1. I noticed that the horn seems to have bronze (yellow) washers and the Palo has white with grey on it (nylon and grease?). Anyone else ?

2. Anyone with the Horn notice any tool mark(s)? Not sure if I have tool mark or not. I have dozens of knives, but this is the first horn on a knife for me. "C" shape spot catches my finger nail at the bare end of the mark side. Looks like when they did the chamfering on the end it left very small raised area. Normal?

Have photos, but I have never posted any pictures here ... learning something new.

Bill

2nd Lionsteel Barlow arrived today, requested a lighter horn for this one. I have to say thank you to CK for honoring requests as much as possible on this run, much appreciated! I like them both, overall more subdued then some of the fantastic examples displayed on this thread but I am happy. I really like the red streak up near the bolster of the lighter one.

IMG_3025_zpsqnpz5yg7.jpg

IMG_3024_zpsuocwi90y.jpg
You have 2 very nice ones there Drew . The Blonde one is really different .

Harry

IMG_3025_zpsqnpz5yg7.jpg

IMG_3024_zpsuocwi90y.jpg

Nice yin and yang there Drew :thumbsup:

IMG_3025_zpsqnpz5yg7.jpg

IMG_3024_zpsuocwi90y.jpg
Wow, What a nice light one. The pile side waves are great! Congrats! That is an awesome pair!!

As I posted in the Euro Barlow picture thread, I will post two of them here for you who have not been in there yet. The rest will be going up in the pic thread tomorrow.

I love my Ram's Horn, but I also wanted something more "Workaday", so I made these:
20170817_040624.jpg 20170817_040757.jpg
Black canvas micarta slabs and a bolster delete.

Back