LionSteel Shuffler

My first impression of my bocote shuffler compared to my lionsteel round head (and its utterly flawless action) was disappointment. The action (while very good) was no where near as smooth as the round head was side by side.

I had the same impression between my first generation Roundhead and this new Shuffler.

I think LionSteel nailed these shufflers in every area . Like Gec and many other tradional knives your going to get some that don’t have action as smooth as glass out of the box or tube .But in most cases just need to be flushed out and broken in . As I mentioned earlier both mine happen to have perfect action out of box . The fit and finish is on par with some customs at a fraction of the cost .
These are my personal observations:)
Edit: Also with M390 blade steel !:eek:

Last edited:
I had the same impression between my first generation Roundhead and this new Shuffler.
The one I received yesterday was really bad, although I think it was just because of some kind of factory defect. I only opened and closed it about a dozen times before it felt like two pieces sandpaper rubbing together, and metal shavings started falling out. I just put it back in the box, filed a return request, and shipped it back to CollectorKnives this morning. I put in another order for one of the white carbon fiber ones last night, so I'm crossing my fingers that I have better luck with that one.

Just received this beauty, could not be happier, it's a great knife! Pairs nicely with the roundhead.
LpmBtJ1.jpg

bUN6gBE.jpg

z1MM1DN.jpg

Just received this beauty, could not be happier, it's a great knife! Pairs nicely with the roundhead.
LpmBtJ1.jpg

bUN6gBE.jpg

z1MM1DN.jpg

What a great matched pair! I remembered how gorgeous the Roundhead was, and I think you scored just as well with the Shuffler. Both of them are easily the class of the textured horn that I’ve seen.

I recently received a stag shuffler in the mail, along with a very useful pocket slip sheath. I can affirm that my knife came with some Copper colored lubricant; easy enough to clean out but somewhat strange.

The stag handles on mine are great, times of texture and feel really nice in the hand. The bacslring does seem to suffer from gaps until about 1/2 way down the back, with the gap slightly wider on the Mark rather than the pull side. This gap is fairly noticable, as I can clearly see my hand behind it. I believe this may be due to the washers.

The spring is flush when closed and open but sunken in the half stop; by extension the transition to and from the half stop is stronger than the transition when the knife is already open.

The knife came wicked sharp on my end, with a really pointy tip. The edge ground is a bit uneven on the engraved side, broader near the choil than the belly.

Overall, while Im really happy with the knife, these small details bother me slightly, considering everyone else's luck with the knife. If all the stag were not already sold out, I may have considered returning it, although as a college student with exams... That can be annoying.

I recently received a stag shuffler in the mail, along with a very useful pocket slip sheath. I can affirm that my knife came with some Copper colored lubricant; easy enough to clean out but somewhat strange.

The stag handles on mine are great, times of texture and feel really nice in the hand. The bacslring does seem to suffer from gaps until about 1/2 way down the back, with the gap slightly wider on the Mark rather than the pull side. This gap is fairly noticable, as I can clearly see my hand behind it. I believe this may be due to the washers.

The spring is flush when closed and open but sunken in the half stop; by extension the transition to and from the half stop is stronger than the transition when the knife is already open.

The knife came wicked sharp on my end, with a really pointy tip. The edge ground is a bit uneven on the engraved side, broader near the choil than the belly.

Overall, while Im really happy with the knife, these small details bother me slightly, considering everyone else's luck with the knife. If all the stag were not already sold out, I may have considered returning it, although as a college student with exams... That can be annoying.

I don't think your luck is the issue. I think you are looking WAY too hard for problems. Nearly every one I have handled has a little daylight between liner/spring if looking from the well; I even specifically mentioned this in my first video. As to needing a perfect edge or perfectly flush springs in all three positions - you may need to go custom for that. Knives made in volume in factories of men are never going to be perfect; only those that have seen enough crap to realize a well assembled knife see perfection in those that are 95%. Somewhat like a sliding scale....

I don't think your luck is the issue. I think you are looking WAY too hard for problems. Nearly every one I have handled has a little daylight between liner/spring if looking from the well; I even specifically mentioned this in my first video. As to needing a perfect edge or perfectly flush springs in all three positions - you may need to go custom for that. Knives made in volume in factories of men are never going to be perfect; only those that have seen enough crap to realize a well assembled knife see perfection in those that are 95%. Somewhat like a sliding scale....

I'm going to agree with you.
Standards can be different from person to person but sometimes you can look to hard for faults.

The copper lubricant is something I just ignored, my own lubricant will thin and flush it out in time.
I believe the gap people see is by design. Unlike a pinned slip joint the pivot can be easily adjusted, if there was no gap you would have no adjustment.
The back spring was a bit lower but to be honest it was so little I only noticed it after flute_daddy posted about it.
The edge grind was close enough to not be an issue. It was not perfect (no factory edge is) but close enough to perfect to not give a problem when it was sharpened.
Walk and talk was so close to being the same, I have not noticed a difference in use. So I will not go back and look for an issue there.

By the way O/D shuffler on reserve. :)

Back